Rule of the Sorcerers Soul

MadDog

Mongoose
Is Performing the Rule of the Sorcerers Soul and obvious action ? Does the target know this is happening and can he determine who is doing it ?

Mad Dog

Doesn't it require eye contact? Eye contact is mutual. And it appears to be automatic, not requiring an action.
As such, Sorceror A would know that Sorceror B is a sorceror, and vice versa. However, Sorceror A would then also know that Sorceror B knows that Sorceror A is a sorceror, and vice versa. And consequently Sorceror A would know that Sorceror B knows that Sorceror A knows that Sorceror B is a sorceror.

It's a moment of inescapable mutual honesty.

Trailingvortex said:
As such, Sorceror A would know that Sorceror B is a sorceror, and vice versa. However, Sorceror A would then also know that Sorceror B knows that Sorceror A is a sorceror, and vice versa. And consequently Sorceror A would know that Sorceror B knows that Sorceror A knows that Sorceror B is a sorceror.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know." -- Donald Rumsfeld

:D

- thulsa

Thanks for clearing that out Thulsa... :mrgreen:

Well i think that the book actually made it easy to understand what "Evil Eye range" was and how the Rule of the Sorcerers Soul works...

Well i don´t use it that way... i make the sorcerers "feel" each other presence in a 30 feet radius...

Kind of like spiderman spider sences that inform him of danger... lol

Well i do think it is mutual and happens at the same time for the both sorcerers...

I guess one of the sorcerers would have to wear mirrored sunglasses to avoid a "look-back" ? : )

Mad Dog

I think the radius rule is a cool idea.

But the evil eye range also lends itself to the whole "Window to the Soul" thing plus a radius would make sorcerers much more obvious to each other (imagine 2 secret sorcerous covens walking down main street toward one another. Suddenly there is Kothic demon fire all over the place :twisted: ) where the evil eye range allows all sorcerers to be subtle and discreet hiding their talents and intentions.

I do agree though that if you are looking some tall skinny sinister looking dude in the eye and determine he is a sorcerer chances are he's looking back in your eye and thinking the same thing about you. :wink: Daaaaaamn!

Back