Ruins & Faiths

René

Banded Mongoose
Description for both books are online (incl. covers, but the wise ones already know them).

Valaryc said:

Yeah, I dont know what the hell theyre talking about. I would hardly know what the book was from the text portion.

Also, does this mean theyre not planning on adding any more monsters or stuff at all with the new religions book? I mean, I agree; adding in stats for Crom or Set would be stupid, but a few more demons cant hurt.

conanff.jpg

Great cover! I like the cover to Ruins as well.

Looks like Ruins may consist of locations and descriptions of the 'known" ruins from the original (and probably pastiche) stories as well as flavor text to help incorporate new ruins into your campaign. That's what I gleamed from the text.

With the religion book it will really be interesting to see what they fill the pages with - maybe the rituals for different religions? That would be different...should be interesting. The detail within the RPG - and yet still maintaining Howard's vision for Hyboria - is truly impressive! granted I haven't seen these books but I just have faith they will be solid - like the rest of the line. (pun intended :lol: )

Scorpion13 said:
Also, does this mean theyre not planning on adding any more monsters or stuff at all with the new religions book? I mean, I agree; adding in stats for Crom or Set would be stupid, but a few more demons cant hurt.

It has been awhile since I wrote it, but I don't remember putting any new monsters in Faith & Fervour. I put in some cultists and priest NPCs, but that is about it.

Ruins of the Hyborian Age has some new monsters and demons, though.

(all the above barring any editing I don't know about and is based on the draft I sent them).

Strom said:
Looks like Ruins may consist of locations and descriptions of the 'known" ruins from the original (and probably pastiche) stories as well as flavor text to help incorporate new ruins into your campaign. That's what I gleamed from the text.

That sums up part of the book. I also included a system for generating unique ruins of your own.

Strom said:
With the religion book it will really be interesting to see what they fill the pages with - maybe the rituals for different religions? That would be different...should be interesting. The detail within the RPG - and yet still maintaining Howard's vision for Hyboria - is truly impressive! granted I haven't seen these books but I just have faith they will be solid - like the rest of the line. (pun intended :lol: )

The religion section of Stygia, Serpent of the South is a pretty good preview of what I did with the other religions in Faith & Fervour.

Dear Mongoose,

I shake my fist at you like a comic book villain for forcing me to sell organs to afford all of these awesome books you keep releasing for my favorite setting. May the grumbling of my empty stomach keep you up at night. That's right; I can't eat now cuz you stole my money.

:lol: :lol:

-=Grim=-

Back