RQ/GLORANTHA LINKS:

Trifletraxor

Mongoose
There's a lot of resources about RuneQuest and Glorantha online. Not always so easy to find them though. Could me maybe collect some of them in a thread with individual descriptions? I'll start:

On these pages you can among other things find Jeff Okamoto's RuneQuest III Campaign Log, spanning over 247 pages and detailing 5 years of gaming with Sandy Petersen as GameMaster. Quite an inspiring read:

http://seiyuu.com/okamoto/writing/

SGL.

EDIT: Typo #2.

This is a good idea, and we should them all to the Wiki too.

I've got a bunch on my home PC, I'll try and post them here later.

Do not forget that a site about Gloranthan links and references already exists. It is Lokarnos, and contains a lot of useful stuff. It does not contain, however, links to everything non-gloranthan that is connected to RuneQuest.

There is this formidable David Dunham's Gloranthan Links:
http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/info.html
but many succumbed unfortunately to the Issaries, Inc. Fan Material Policy of died of old age.
There is (and was) great contributions there.
Some years ago, one could even find Sandy Petersen's new magical rules (saints, mysticism, sorcery and shamanism).

Simon Phipp's page
http://www.soltakss.com/

Lot of sections RQII, RQIII, MRQ, HQ, cults, heroquesting, more.
His links section is about as bad as anyone's though.

litrevan said:
His links section is about as bad as anyone's though.

In what way, may I ask? Sure, they may be incomplete and some of the links are dead, but they point to the main sites and the most useful to me.

Let me know how I can improve them and I will do, eventually.

The King said:
David Dunham's Gloranthan Links: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/info.html ... Some years ago, one could even find Sandy Petersen's new magical rules (saints, mysticism, sorcery and shamanism).
They're still there (though not on that page since they aren't an external link).

I've been slowly updating the links (and other parts of the site), BTW.

Would the Mongeese be prepared to Sticky this thead? It is one of those things which is extremely useful when needed, but whose existence fades in memory as it scrolls off the front page of the board.
I know that there is a search of the subjects, but generally you need to be reasonably specific about the results you want, in order to get a good response.

elgrin

hehehehe, is this one a bit old ya think? found it in a RQ link list:

Simon Phipp - RuneQuest/Glorantha Home Page
"A small but nice page about Glorantha and Runequest , some nice picture links."

:lol:

SGL.

Trifletraxor said:

"A small but nice page about Glorantha and Runequest , some nice picture links."

I think they meant Simon Bray because he is a good artist and I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, or even with a drawing package. It's nice to be complimented now and again for my artwork, though :D

soltakss said:
Trifletraxor said:

I think they meant Simon Bray because he is a good artist and I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, or even with a drawing package. It's nice to be complimented now and again for my artwork, though :D

It was linked to you! :D

SGL.

GBC's Top Ten:

This is the list for the lazy gamers which can't be bothered to browse the entire link list. It consisting of the 10 best english RuneQuest/HeroQuest/Glorantha sites found online, which everyone should have visited at least once:

#1) Simon Phipp's RuneQuest/Glorantha Site - "Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width" Simon's site is one of the largest on the net, and it's constantly being updated and expanded with usefull stuff. Give us more width Simon!

#2) David Dunham's Gloranthan Information - Probably the gloranthan website with most content to be found. It's a vault of gloranthan information. It's a bit disorganized, but the content is well worth the search!

#3) John Hughes' Questlines - The most aesthetically pleasing gloranthan website to be found! Some really brilliant 3D art everyone should see, together with gloranthan resources, fiction & scenarios.

#4) James Frusetta's Wonderhome - Wonderhome, Land of the Uz! The web's only site dedicated first and foremost to trolls. Good layout and good content! Aye, all gloranthans love uz!

#5) Nick Brooke's Etyries - Go read Nick's rantings and ravings and get befuddle by the Gregged Rune. Moonie Madness & other red resources!

#6) Pete Maranci's RuneQuest & Roleplaying! - RuneQuest's loyal grand old man! Several RQ scenarios & the great Chaos Project. The history of RuneQuest can also be found within.

#7) Nikk Effingham's RuneQuest Crucible - More good RuneQuest stuff! Cults, scenarios & houserules. Beware of the Munchkin Quest NPCs!

#8) Greg Stafford's Issaires, Inc. - The official HeroQuest and Glorantha webpage contains the Lhankor Mhy research library. Go increase your lore!

#9) Wesley Quadro's Glorantha Site IV - Wesley's HeroQuest site has very good layout, lots of HQ resources and some very nice maps!

#10) Ian Cooper's The Red Cow clan of Sartar - Ian's "The Book of Red Cow" is a great piece of fanwork, and well worth the visit alone.

(The actual links are found on the link list, http://www.runequest.info)

Wahay! Number One!

Don't worry, I'll soon get it back down to a reasomnable level or even off the list.

Thanks, anyway, nice to be appreciated.

We plan to hold yearly votes from 2008, with awards for those sites getting the most votes. Currently the top ten list only represent the personal preferences of yours truly. :wink:

Back