RPG miniatures

Like the minis?

• Yes, I love them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, don't use them.

• Yes, but I wish there were...(describe)

• Total voters
Yes, but I wish there were...
...more accurate (current Narns using EA-style guns instead of Narn style guns, Minbari using Valen's War-style handguns -see WWE, part 2- instead of the slender modern handguns)

But make me a few Shadows and I will forgive all those things!

Yes, but I wish there were...

Better detailed faces. I picked up some of my old Blacktree Harlequin B5 Minatures the other day. And given how figure sculpting has come in in leaps and bounds since then I would have hoped that Mongoose's B5 minatures faces would have improved.

I was always planning on using the old Blacktree Harlequin B5 Minatures to represent more generic B5 characters and was hoping that Mongoose would do some better quality figures that were more readily identifiable as their on-screen counterparts.

I thought the Minbari box set was cool and the Narn Ok, but the Earth Alliance could (and really should) have been better. I could forgive a gaming company struggling to sculpt alien faces to match the series. But human faces??!! They really should have done better.....

And for the Vorlons I am dissapointed that they have done 6 Vorlon scuplts and none of them looks like Kosh2. Surely that would be an obvious choice to have done?

So overall not great but still bought them just like any rapid B5 fanboy would!
:D
Cheers

James

I've only got the Minbari ones so far, I'm waiting for my Earth ones. I've got no problem with them personally, I was happy as a pig in doo-doo when my Minbari box turned up.

The one I'm waiting for (and it seems to have dropped off the radar) are the Rangers. I'd like to see them split between traditional garbed Rangers, and those in the 'ship' uniforms.

Chobbly

I personally have my chips in for a 'League Aliens' set...like a box with one or two each from the main races (Drazi (2), Brakiri (2), Gaim (2), Abbai (1), Pak'ma'ra (1), Llort (1) and Hyach (1)).

But hey, I only work here, y'know? :)

Bry

Mongoose Steele said:
I personally have my chips in for a 'League Aliens' set...like a box with one or two each from the main races (Drazi (2), Brakiri (2), Gaim (2), Abbai (1), Pak'ma'ra (1), Llort (1) and Hyach (1)).

But hey, I only work here, y'know? :)

Bry
Sounds good to me.

Cheers

James

Back