RPG bundle

Mage

Mongoose
WEll, I just got this. Very nice considering the scneario was free. All I need now is a PHB.

Anyone else get one?

Looks like I am going to finally start my B5 game soon (after Christmas hoepfully). I mentioned it ages ago on this board, and well, I thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys.

I mostly post on the Miniature game boards, and never really come down to the RPG boards, so Hi!

Mage said:
WEll, I just got this. Very nice considering the scneario was free. All I need now is a PHB.

Why do you need a PHB, the B5 2nd Edition is OGL and has no requirement for a Player's handbook or any other d20 corebook.

You are good to go as is.

LBH

That's because I compressed my post down to almost nothing but acronyms. :)

Still pretty pleased with myself to beat the infamous LBH to the punch. :lol:

I did. Took a five minute power nap. *YAwn*.

Thanks for the intel. I'm gonna put off that PHB thing untilo I get the 'Cough' Iron *Cough* Kindoms *Cough* Book..... *Cough*

Nice to see it has everything I need. Last thing I need to buy is another Wizards product *Shudders at the name*.

WEll, I think this thread is kind of dead now. I am really enthusiastic about the game, but alas, have nothing much to say, other than Im getting the book.

One more question Mage, how did you order the undle, form Mongoose direct or are Mongoose offering the bundles to normal retailers?

LBH

Mage said:
I did. Took a five minute power nap. *YAwn*.

Thanks for the intel. I'm gonna put off that PHB thing untilo I get the 'Cough' Iron *Cough* Kindoms *Cough* Book..... *Cough*

Nice to see it has everything I need. Last thing I need to buy is another Wizards product *Shudders at the name*.

Well you could always buy the Mongoose Pocket Player's Handbook instead of a D&D PHB when you do find yourself needing one! :D It ought to substitute in nicely (it was designed to...)

I've just finished running "The Cold Equation" and started on "The Ragged Edge"...

For an introductory adventure I think it is great. :)

Though if you have not gotten the other book, after running the cold equation I'm sure you would want to see where they planned the story to go :)

Still waiting on book. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. Just need to get the mental block of 'd20' out of my head. Always find it hard to pick up the rules....

Is there any mention of why they are bundling stuff up? I guess that 2nd edition Baby is selling well, but the Drow war bundle makes me think if it may be the last time to pick the books up before they run out of stock at the warehouse...didn't the Mongoose put out warnings if books that are nearly out of stock and won't be reprinted anytime soon?

Mongoose usually put out warnings of stuff going out of stock, I wouldn't worry. Maybe they're just trying to be competitive in the market.

LBH

msprange said:
We have never really bundled books before - it is just an experiment to see how it goes!

While you're at it, experiment with Lone Wolf when it comes out, I will likely have some spare money by Masters of War to spend...

Drow War or LW.....or both?

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Drow War or LW.....or both?

A very fascinating question, that I myself would be hard pressed to answer. Although I'd probably go with LW, as that bundle would most likely be priced around 50 $ and not 75 $ as DW is. As much as I want to have the DW series, my budget has not yet recovered from my two week trip to Italy...

Back