Renegade Legion

I keep hoping that WK will dust this one off some day. But if they don't, I have absolutely no objection to someone else picking up the franchise...

I never got a chance to play any of the games set in Renegade Legion universe :( Unfortunately the money was tight back then but a remake of Legionnaire, Centurion, Interceptor etc. would be awesome.

On the other hand why not just make something similar (in scope) but with the backstory of their (Mongoose) own? I would just love to see various scales to interface pretty much seamlesly...

SnowDog said:
I never got a chance to play any of the games set in Renegade Legion universe :( Unfortunately the money was tight back then but a remake of Legionnaire, Centurion, Interceptor etc. would be awesome.

On the other hand why not just make something similar (in scope) but with the backstory of their (Mongoose) own? I would just love to see various scales to interface pretty much seamlesly...

The backstory wasn't terrbly good, but the games were intercompatible to a great degree.

I don't have Circvs... but I do have leviathan, interceptor, centurion, and legionare... not quite as intercompatible as Battletech, but close.

From what I remember it was a very good fighter combat system. I liked the back ground Romans in Space :) .

I liked the damage and movement rules the best. The joys of flying in the Spiculum fireing of DFM Missiles and lasers .... those were the days.

Still have it stashed somewhere it may have to get a dust off.

I have understood that there was a game called 'Prefect' or something like that that binded all the other games together allowing the assault using various space combat rules and then advancing to ground combat and possibly to even RPG scale.

Something like that would be just fantastic.

There was several games for Renegade Legion:

- A video game (battle with space fighters)

- An RPG : Legionnaire
Wasn't bad, but I didn't like the system where IQ there was as important as INT to D&D (for skills). I also dislike weapons doing the same fixed damages. Moreover it doesn't have any special things (like psionic and the like) and it is high military setting with little possibilities for scenarios IMO.

- Several boardgames: which where all compatible
=> Interception : battle with space fighters (as the video game above) with add-on boolets and the possibility to create ones own fighters.
=> Leviathan : battle with heavy starships
=> Centurion: land battle with anti-grav tanks and some infantry. Iwas surprised by the high realism of the rules (as to the weapon systems) Combined with interception for air support, this is a great game.
=> Prefect: the best game of the line IMO where you plane to assault a planet beginning with the moving of vessels in the solar system, avoiding the opposition and landing troops on the planet. There are thus 2 maps: one of the solar system and one of the planet.

BenGunn said:
I must admit that one of the things I LIKE with Renegade Legion is the total lack of Psionics, Magic, Superpowers, Smart Robots and overpowered "Monster Races" that get hard (Game-Stats) benefits spoon-fed and blown up the south end while having little to no hard deficits.
I agree, there was something nice about this setting. It gave a great place for a military based game without having to deal with Jedi-Wanna-Be characters.

Daniel

I dont mind aliens, but the psionic BS gets old. Yeah, we get it.. its fantasy in space. Lets bring out the swords and play D&D on a starship.

Meh.. Renegade legion, mechwarrior, 2300 AD.. thats my kinda thing

Back