REH - Movie

Maybe we will be able to look at the movie in the same way you look at the Starship Troopers movie after having read Heinlein's book.
Maybe we will not.

René said:
Maybe we will be able to look at the movie in the same way you look at the Starship Troopers movie after having read Heinlein's book.
Maybe we will not.
Oh Lord, I hope not.

I work with several guys who love that movie (one calls it the greatest movie ever made), and despite their rationales I can't stand that movie, even though I do admire Paul Verhoeven. And no, I never saw the straight to video "Starship Troopers2" either. :?

Bregales said:
René said:
Maybe we will not.
Oh Lord, I hope not.

I work with several guys who love that movie (one calls it the greatest movie ever made), and despite their rationales I can't stand that movie, even though I do admire Paul Verhoeven. And no, I never saw the straight to video "Starship Troopers2" either. :?

Never saw SST 2, either. I like the first movie, because he is so wonderful ironic - e.g., the aesthetics remind me of NS propaganda movies transferred to science fiction (resp. US propaganda movies like TOP GUN - o.k., this wasn't 100% fair).

René said:
Bregales said:
René said:
Maybe we will not.
Oh Lord, I hope not.

Never saw SST 2, either. I like the first movie, because he is so wonderful ironic - e.g., the aesthetics remind me of NS propaganda movies transferred to science fiction (resp. US propaganda movies like TOP GUN - o.k., this wasn't 100% fair).
lol, yeah that was what the director was going for; as my aforementioned co-worker friends always point out "the humans and the bugs act exactly the same, both part of their own war machines," to which I reply, "Yeah, they both suck." :lol:

Back