REH - Movie

Teutonic

Mongoose
Hi!
I read in an old cinema magazine that there is a old film about the luife of REH. The title is THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD and it is with Renee Zellweger.
Has anyone watched it and can tell us about it?

I have it on DVD (found it in the discount bin at Wal-Mart of all places) and, prior to that, I had it on VHS (a gift from a friend). It is a wonderful movie. I usually show it to my writing classes where I teach and, so far, everyone loves it.

The bad thing is, although it was on the screen here, There seems to be no DVD or Video in Germany. Perhaps it was in TV but i don`t know.
And the Geramn title was "Alle Liebe dieser Welt" (all love in the world). Even if i had seen it in a TV guide, I don`t think I would have watched it with this crappy title.
Does anyone know how to get a PAL version? Even ebay and amazon have just NtSC versions.

I got a Pal region 2 version off of Ebay from trader in the Netherlands.

They seem to turn up once in a while.

Set up a search for it and check it once or twice a week, I doubt you will have to wait long.

If you really don't have any success drop me a private message and i will let you have the Ebay sellers details.

cheers
David
(btw I am in the UK)

Teutonic said:
Hi!
I read in an old cinema magazine that there is a old film about the luife of REH. The title is THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD and it is with Renee Zellweger.
Has anyone watched it and can tell us about it?

Yeah its a good flick. Besides its got Renee Zellweger in it! I mean c'mon! She's easily worth the effort and cost to get the flick! :wink:

I really enjoyed the film. Vincent Dinofrio plays our beloved REH to perfection. He was already one of my favorite actors, and I was very happy to hear he was in the bio. Also he was the bug in the farmer skin suit in MIB and the fat recruit in Full Metal Jacket. What a resume!

Hudson said:
I really enjoyed the film. Vincent Dinofrio plays our beloved REH to perfection. He was already one of my favorite actors, and I was very happy to hear he was in the bio. Also he was the bug in the farmer skin suit in MIB and the fat recruit in Full Metal Jacket. What a resume!

Wow, I didnt know Vincent was that fat dude in FMJ! Geez, he lost some pounds I'd say!

Yep, he added the weight for the role. He's been in over 75 movies. He co-produced "The Whole Wide World" - he really believed in the story and Howard.

As it's listed at store online catalogs (BestBuy, Circuit City, Amazon), I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Region 2 version available from AmazonUK, for example.

Bregales said:
As it's listed at store online catalogs (BestBuy, Circuit City, Amazon), I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Region 2 version available from AmazonUK, for example.

Been looking for it for several years, I don't think it has been released in the UK.

That is why I got mine from the Netherlands.

Last weekend I made a trip to the Netherlands and got a copy of the movie. I will seee it this week. Too bad it has only Enlish Language and Dutch subtitles.I would like English subtitles, because the setting is in Texas nad the southern states dialect is sometimes hard to understand for me. Or is the language in the movie better to understand? I just remeber OH BROTHER WHERE ART THOU; and that was nearly impossible without subtitles....

Don't hold "Oh Brother..." as the standard for southern dialect. I loved the movie but it wasn't the easiest to follow, and I'm from Louisville KY. "The Whole Wide World" is much easier to understand

Here's news of an "animated feature" in the works. I personally hold little hope out that it will be worthwhile, having read the "about the movie" bit. WHY can't they just do the story as it was written? Hollywood..sigh...anyway :

http://www.conanrednails.com/

Michka said:
Don't hold "Oh Brother..." as the standard for southern dialect. I loved the movie but it wasn't the easiest to follow, and I'm from Louisville KY. "The Whole Wide World" is much easier to understand
My wife's family is from Texas and after being down there within 24 hours you pick up on alot of stuff. For instance to say you are going to do something they say "I am fixin' to do that". I will watch the movie again and see what the major differences are for the 70 years difference in the way things are said (the slang). Right now I am trying to convince my wife to go down that weekend for the R.E. Howard days in June since they will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of his birth.

Mournstorm said:
Here's news of an "animated feature" in the works. I personally hold little hope out that it will be worthwhile, having read the "about the movie" bit. WHY can't they just do the story as it was written? Hollywood..sigh...anyway :

http://www.conanrednails.com/

That's really disappointing: gates to hell! :evil: I thought the time of bad pastiche was over. :cry:

Any news when this thing will come into cinema / DVD-shop?

Back