REALLY cool 'nod' to Babylon 5 just got a lot cooler. ; )

Triple F

Mongoose
When someone recently read what’s on this link they got a bit annoyed and complained to NASA – stating the artists should be blacklisted.

http://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=322007267887673&set=a.283248628430204.70587.178490865572648&type=1&theater

The response?

The Director of Communications at the Spitzer Centre thanked them – and added a new description beneath the image on the NASA, Spitzer and JPL websites – which includes the following.

In the popular TV series "Babylon 5" it is the location of the featured space station; as a nod to the show, hidden within the background nebula in this artist concept is a small silhouette that may be familiar to fans of the series. Can you find it?

http://www.spitzer.caltech.edu/images/1966-ssc2008-19a-Epsilon-Eridani-Double-the-Rubble

I guess that idea backfired a bit. ; )

I like it!

I found the addition - what's another word for "silhouette"? ;) You need to download one of the highest resolution pictures, though - I can't see it in the small on-line version and I know what I'm looking for.

AdrianH said:
I like it!

I found the addition - what's another word for "silhouette"? ;) You need to download one of the highest resolution pictures, though - I can't see it in the small on-line version and I know what I'm looking for.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/284735main_A-DualAsteroidBelts-full.jpg

That's one where you can find it even with naked eyes :)

I thought my naked eye was broke for some time then, luckily spotted it before i went to specsavers

I miss B5 :-(

I miss it too. It's still my favorite tv show after all these years, and Mongoose really gave it the "A" treatment. Still many thanks to Matt and crew, you really carried on the legacy for a long time after the show went off the air and struggled to get a new life even his creator seemed unable to provide. Your contribution was never given its right due in my opinion, first of all by jms himself.

B5 lives, hopefully!

My all time favorite show on T.V. as well. I am glad that there was a miniatures game for it, even tho the flame burned out to soon. :(

I loved the show.. when it was pulled to Sci-Fi I was pissed because I was in Delaware at the time and our cable company didn't have the channel yet. I've got all the episodes, movies etc. and once a year do a marathon - watching straight through (yes I stop for bio breaks, food, sleep). The story was written with a plot that spanned from Season 1 episode 1 to the last episode of Season 5.

Most of the B5 fans I know screamed when Mongoose got the license claiming Mongoose 'demanded' all other licenses be canceled. Personally I think it was part of the normal way of things, property holder wishes to go in a diff direction and lets all licenses laps.

What is the thing in the background you guys are talking about? Is it that ball of light that looks like Lorien in his out of body form?

Mage said:
What is the thing in the background you guys are talking about? Is it that ball of light that looks like Lorien in his out of body form?
Look at the full size image linked in tneva82's post. View at full size and look mid way along the bottom...

Can't believe I missed it. DERP!

On a more serious note, Creepy. This was executed very well; it looks very menacing.

Back