Random number table (again)

EvilRedEye

Mongoose
I've asked this before, but is there any chance of having some downloadable PDF random number table made available? The new Collector's Editions aren't as amenable to being held open at the back.

(Edited to mean the right bloody thing)

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/lwactionchart.pdf

I found it on the main page for Lone Wolf on the Mongoose site.

Also, here's a map for you if you like:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/lwmap.pdf.pdf

It would be nice if there was a separate Combat Ratio table suppplied here as well but you can get all this stuff and more on the Project Aon site. :)

Oops!

I had a wee look for you on the Project Aon site. They don't have a PDF formatted Random Number Table but they do have an image on an HTML page that you could print off if you like:

http://www.projectaon.org/en/xhtml/lw/01fftd/random.htm

Hope this helps. :)

PS: I think that MP should get a PDF together containing an Action Chart, Random Number Table, Combat Ratio Table and the maps. It could come in handy for a good few people out there. :)

Something that I've found works absolutly wonderfuly is to get a ten-sided dice. You can get one at any gaming store, or numerous sites online. Most are even numbered from 0 - 9, just like the Random Number Tables, rather then 1 - 10. I just played through the old Grey Star books with one, and it worked great!!

Kal Sunrider said:
Something that I've found works absolutly wonderfuly is to get a ten-sided dice. You can get one at any gaming store, or numerous sites online. Most are even numbered from 0 - 9, just like the Random Number Tables, rather then 1 - 10. I just played through the old Grey Star books with one, and it worked great!!

I've thought about that before. I kind of wish the rules included that option because I think I'd feel a bit like I was cheating if I didn't use the random number table.

Lycanthus, there's an Combat Results table on the second page of the Action Chart PDF. Obviously it isn't a separate file but you can always just print the second page if you want.

I've actually considered the dice more honest in a way; I have big fingers and too often land right on the line between two or more numbers, and I basically have to either do it over, or decide on a number, whereas the dice always show one single number with no influence from me. But that's just my view. You might also consider two things; the original books were written to be "self-contained", and that back when they were first published, it was not as easy for people, especially kids, to find ten-sided dice.

Kal Sunrider said:
I've actually considered the dice more honest in a way; I have big fingers and too often land right on the line between two or more numbers, and I basically have to either do it over, or decide on a number, whereas the dice always show one single number with no influence from me.

I end up doing that too. You do have a point. I quite like dice because they're all tactile and that. There's a nice bit of suspense while it's rolling as well.

I was going to suggest the d10 as well but I figured you would've thought of that and had your reasons. :) I actually use a dice rolling program with a copy of the Combat Results Table on my Eee PC.

I have to admit though that there is something to rolling a physical die, it's a bit more visceral...

Thanks Evil Red Eye for pointing out the CR Table on Project Aon - I already have that printed out. I just think it would be nice if Mongoose made a collected PDF so that other folks could just get all the stuff needed from their site in one package.

Cheers, L :)

The later books (I think GM onwards) actually suggest the d10 as a substitute so it is well within the rules

I use a d10 as well. I like to choose my disciplnes randomly for the first book anyway...makes it more of a challenge.

Sunlord said:
I use a d10 as well. I like to choose my disciplnes randomly for the first book anyway...makes it more of a challenge.

I have never thought about choosing my Disciplines randomly. I think I might start a new campaign doing exactly that. If I get the healing Discipline I think I'll play it the Kai Monastery way and not heal if my CS reductions aren't combat-like wounds - that should add a bit of challenge! :)

PS: The d10 is the future. :p

Back