Rackham AT-43 shipping quality pic's

MaxSteiner

Mongoose
Pictures here: http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=3166

Release details here: http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=2667

Better looking than the pics at Gencon I gotta say, but still not overly great...
So as long as Mongooses mini's look something like the masters they released they oughta have a winner on their hands, assuming the market isn't glutted with prepaints by April, like that CCG spat in the nineties...

Not very impressive. The sculpts don't give you much of a place for nice paint jobs....

I have a feeling by April there will be a ton of games that are prepainted and have cards with unit stats. Lets hope for MGP that SST is on of the quality ones of them.

You know Max, I norkmalyy do not see eye to eye with you, but I agree. They are not great. I love rackham, but those jobs are just yuk.

If a company like Rackham has been around for 10 years and produces this, and Mongoose being around for less producing better pre painted prototypes, it makes you wonder how well each business is really doing.

God Damn those minis suck.

And I like the Babylon 5 RP ones....

MaxSteiner said:
Pictures here: http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=3166

Release details here: http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=2667

Better looking than the pics at Gencon I gotta say, but still not overly great...
So as long as Mongooses mini's look something like the masters they released they oughta have a winner on their hands, assuming the market isn't glutted with prepaints by April, like that CCG spat in the nineties...

Max I have to say, when you're right, you're right - they look shoddy.

I can see why some people are sceptical about SSTE, but if the pics we were showw were like that, I'd be in their camp right now.

looked at them. looked at the SSTEv ones again. looked at the Rack's ones again. verdict-i'll wait ti'll more of both ranges are shown to decide, but right now the SSTEv looks better(more tidy to be frank). is it me, or those aliens look terribly toy-like with those red barrels?

i highly disagree, they look fantastic to me, not too detailed. but i do agree the painting is "meh" at the most :lol:

the painting quality is quite poor, there might be a decent figure there but there's so little highlighting/shading to tell

Mongoose 1 Rackham 0 :D

byram said:
i highly disagree, they look fantastic to me, not too detailed. but i do agree the painting is "meh" at the most :lol:

I think the main bone of contention is about the painting quality, the Human Troops (as models) are quite nice - but the paint sucks.

I have to agree also Max.
Not at all impressed with their "prepainted" the Therians are a black primer coat with a small white skull area silver Freddy claws and the red weapon Barrel, meh.

Human figures only very slightly better. No real shading on the Therians and although I am a very slow and not that great of a painter, I can do much better than the human figures.

If this were to be the quality of MGP's figures I would be most displeased.

We will all just have to wait and see.

These figures look much worse than the preproduction AT-43 pictures I have seen.

Just moved the pictures into Paint Shop Pro Studio and enlarged them until I just started to see pixillation.

There is more detail painted on than it looks at first glance.
There is in fact some not too obvious camoflage pattern on the Human uniforms.

I still prefer what I have seen on the Evo pre-release photos.

Ditto. Not very impressed with the miniatures themselves either, imo.

If they bring out different models you are free to paint like the rest of their range, then I'll get them. Otherwise I'll stick with what I got.

Seen these before. Frankly I'm a massive R fan but these are awful. OK, better than the CMG's on the market but MGP blow these out of the water.

Frankly, I dig 'em. I think they look just fine...but then again I'm looking for gaming playing pieces and not micro pieces of art. I'm pretty stoked for AT-43 as well as BF:Evo and SST: Evo.

Pre-painted is good for me!

Jeff

Back