Question for Mongoose Re: Book size and title change

Weet-R-BIX

Mongoose
I just received my copy of WMD yesterday and it reminded me of something I'd commented about once before at PLN sector. This would be the best place to look for an answer.

All of the Paranoia softback books released thus far vary in height by up to a centimetre or so and WMD is a fraction wider too... Why is this? I only ask because the anal retentive in me (Sad, I know :roll: ) would like them a uniform size.

As for the title, I guess our XP titled books are now collectors items and all new titles and reprints will be missing the XP branding and the flag logo? :lol:

Bump... bumpity bump...
I know it's a trivial matter, but I'd really like to know the answers to the questions I posted...

Hi there,

Sorry, missed this posting.

It is due to the variances between different printers and different set ups. You would think things are standard in this area but no. . .

However, from next year we are adopting some new procedures that should ensure books are all of identical size.

Hi Matt, ands thanks for the reply. Makes all the sense in the world, really. I just had not stopped to consider that different books would be sent to different publishers.

Thanks for satisfying my curiousity.

If you're attending to the problem as you say, there's a perfect opportunity for the deluxe faux-leatherslipcase, containing all one size deluxe collectors edition with typos corrected!!! :wink:

msprange said:
However, from next year we are adopting some new procedures that should ensure books are all of identical size.

All books will be written incrayon on the back of a postage stamp?

:lol:

Jus' kiddin'

LBH

lastbesthope said:
All books will be written incrayon on the back of a postage stamp? :lol:

There's a cool idea, and the appropriate sections could be written in different colours to ensure that only correct security clearances were reading them... :lol:

The ultraviolet section might be a bit tricky though... white crayon on white paper? Can't be black, as that would confuse the infrareds. 8)

We do have a new version of the main rulebook planned, actually, focussed purely on players.

Look out for The Little RED Book in the middle of next year. . .

Weet-R-BIX said:
The ultraviolet section might be a bit tricky though... white crayon on white paper? Can't be black, as that would confuse the infrareds. 8)

UV crayon on white paper, black light to be supplied by friend computer :lol:

Little Red book????

Interesting.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Weet-R-BIX said:

UV crayon on white paper, black light to be supplied by friend computer :lol:
Little Red book????
Interesting.
LBH

I thought of the UV crayon and BLACK light but that presents all sorts of potential security breaches, doesn't it?

Love the idea of the Litte Red Book... Chairman Mao would laugh at the pun if he could I'm sure.

Back