Question about the extra parts after assembling.

A

Anonymous

What does everyone do with all the extra legs from the bugs?

you could put it on its head as another one of those mandibles or somthing to make it look nasty and scary :wink: i never tried it lol.

I have special shelves on my wall that are my "bitz boxes". I keep them all for conversions or extra parts when I need them.

buships has my favorite use for them:

Scratch_Post_CU-1.jpg

DCP_Bug_Field_Gens.jpg
[/img]

I've been saving mine to convert my hoppers to have more dangerous looking legs, and the extended ones would be perfect for back legs in flight while the fully retracted ones would be great for the front legs in flight.

Galatea has great pictures of his:
HopperSquadA1.JPG

The bigger legs amke them look more dangerous, but them being so much bigger makes the jaws and wings look way to small to me... at first glace I thought you had just glued hopper wings onto an oddly possitioned warrior bug... but, maybe it would all look just right when painted?

Haven't done it yet but I'm thinking about having some legs emerging from a tunnel-hole, and building windows and doors. I'm also working on an idea for rules about the effects of mass-casulty "Bug piles" that allow some twitchy fragments to lash out at passing MI (remember how Johnny got speared in the leg) - the extra parts will be good for making up that.

I used them to scratch build my Tanker bug out of a Duel Masters Deathblade beetle (Gets alot of compliments too lol), you can snip them down to various lengths/segments to get a ton of useful parts.
I really wanted to use the long foot segment as mandibles for my Tiger Bugs, but never got around to it lol.

Like this?

GuardBugs1.jpg

GuardBugs2.jpg

I use them for custom fire fries made of spare warrior hip pieces (dont use em)

Fire-FryBugs1.jpg

Id like to see that tanker Max... I remember seeing the toy but not a finished product...

Yeah those are exactly what I woulda gone for on my Tigers, makes em look downright deadly :D

I should actually pull my finger out and post pics I suppose, its boxed up round a friends waiting for a battle which never seems to happen, I'll grab it next time I'm over.
I'd sort of been waiting on buying another so I could document the construction, but they're really scarce all of a sudden, particularly annoying as a local store had tons of them for £5, but I didn't bother buying any as I figured I could get them on ebay for a couple of quid :(

Thanks Paladin. I can still smell the ozone from those sitting on the shelf. :wink:

Great uses, all. Congrats on the good ideas. :D

Back