Question about Masquerade in Hikas

Lokhuzor

Mongoose
Hello all,

I've just read the bonus adventure of Lone Wolf 8. I've found it very fun to play. As I am writing a playing aid for the Lone Wolf rpg setting, I'd like to know if possible when 'Masquerade in Hikas' occurs.

Is it a few weeks before Paido meets Lone Wolf in LW7 - LW8 or before the fall of the First Monastery?

If Winter's Song survived to the fall of the first monastery, did this important event has been directly validated by Joe Dever himself? Shoud she be the only First Order Kai to survive, or could there be other First Order Kai to help Lone Wolf in his missions?

If she survived the fall of the first Monastery, what happened to her between MS 5050 and the date of the mini adventure 'Masquerade in Hikas'?

Eric

Contact The Wolf http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=613400&highlight=#613400 penultimate post. He wrote the story so it would only be fair for him to answer. All the mini-adventures have Joe's approval.

Hello all, I´ve just finished the Bonus Adventure Masquerade of Hikas, which was very cool, fun to read. The only thing that break the flow a little bit was that you combat Lady Varlis and the next you read is the Laboratory has exploded and you are on the run and have no knowledge what has happened. Could it be that here an entry is missing?
Probably, if it´s not to much Mr. Wolf could write a few sentences here in the forum how it should have worked? If not, it´s also ok.

I also had a few questions about how the Twin Blade abilitiy mentioned here, is intended to work.

you are allowed to make 2 attacks instead of one, practically does this mean
for example if you roll a 6 on the Random Number Table and have a Combat Ratio of +2 you can inflict the enemy one time -9 EP (for the Blue-Steel-Sword +2 CS) and one time -8 EP (for the Fighting Knife CR +/- 0) therefore taking only once -2 EP by yourself?

or is it meant that you can inflict one time - 9 EP (Blue Steel) Enemy
taking -2 EP You
and thereafter - 8 EP (Fighting Knife) Enemy, also taking -2 EP you,
using 2 times the same roll.
I´m really looking forward if someone can clear this up, thanks.

The Wolf said:
I've only just noticed this post, thanks for the help there SnowShadow.

Looks like you are needed again, sigh, a Writer's work is never done...

Shamath - I'm guessing the secondary weapon does not allow the enemy to strike back otherwise they also get two attacks!

Snow is correct. Otherwise the enemy would get two attacks, which of course kind of negates the Twin Blade attack in the first place :)

As a note as well - the mini-adventures not only have Joe's approval but often he edits/augments them as well. He gave me carte blanche in the design of Hikas for instance, then added his own spin.

Which was a great thing to see evolve.

Back