Question about goals for v3.0 (and jump masking)

captainjack23

Cosmic Mongoose
Gar,

Do you want comments about things like "how jump should work" ?

Its backstory (retroactively rationalized) that can change the setting, but is really irrelevant to play or the mechanics of play. I've got opinions on the subject....everyone does, and heck, I've got opinions even I don't agree with when it comes to jump 101 type issues.

Your guide to what you wanted specific work on for draft 2.0 was very helpful - as was areas you knew would change and were broken and we could leave alone.
Any chance of a repeat ?

Cap

Yeah, comment on everything, including the ramifications of jump rules.

Stuff I want feedback on, v3:
* Obviously, ship design. Is it fun? Is it usable? Does it break overly with previous rulesets?
* Ship combat - is it fun, or is there too much micromanaging of power? Are ships too strong or weak? (The intent is to allow two ships to exchange one or two volleys without significant risk of destruction, but if you stay in a fight, you're probably going to get fragged.)
* What sort of space encounters show up in people's games? What is the range at which the majority of ship battles take place?
* What else needs to go into the ship operations section? Is there anything obviously missing that crops up in a lot of games?

(I'll also say that I'm much more willing to entertain ideas about changing the ship rules than I was about changes to chargen and personal skills/combat.)

Jump drive is covered on this thread:
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32268

Mongoose Gar said:
Stuff I want feedback on, v3:

* Ship combat - is it fun, or is there too much micromanaging of power? Are ships too strong or weak? (The intent is to allow two ships to exchange one or two volleys without significant risk of destruction, but if you stay in a fight, you're probably going to get fragged.)
Ahh! STAR TREK fights...

Well, the non-federation ships...

one shot to shields
two shots almost destroy shields
third shot shields gone

fourth shot... great CGI Explosion!!

Back