Puget Sound Meet UP Sept 15th

We had a great time, such a great time, not pics were taken.

We had at least 5 games played during the day.

One newbie to the crowd got his gang up to a rep of 30.

Can't wait till next month.

CCotD'

Sounds great, consider me jealous :)

Any chance of battle reports or short summaries of the games played?

Steve

I think we had 6 games total, although I only played in one of them.

My game was very short, so the report shouldn't be too tough. Basically, my ape gang, The Jackanapes (rep 27) was challenged by a young gang (rep 14). I had been sure I'd be facing the judges, so was a little relieved, but I did ask repeatedly if the guy was sure he wanted to do this. The outcome was fairly predictable, but you have to give the guy credit for trying :)

WHITE SOLED CHARLIES (14) vs. THE JACKANAPES (27)

Turn 1
The White Soled Charlies activated their entire gang (improved leadership is very handy) and advanced behind a building, completely out of site of the apes.

The Jackanapes then spread out into the street, trying to cover all angles.

Turn 2
The White Soled Charlies climbed up a ladder onto a roof top, and started shooting at the apes in the street. Unfortunately, due to the ladder rule of ending within 2" of the ladder top, the entire gang were bunched up. No damage was caused.

The Jackanapes fired a few shots, and even rolled 2 6's, one which critted, but still caused no damage! Then, Zira, the little chimp lass, tossed her handbomb up onto the roof. She missed, but the random direction pushed it into an even better spot, catching the entire human gang (other than the Top Dog behind cover) in the blast. Some serious injuries and failed WtF rolls resulted in the Top Dog being abandoned and starting alone.

Turn 3
The Top Dog of the While Soled Charlies ran off the roof, trying to get into a better position.

The Jackanapes charged carelessly after the fleeing Top Dog, sure of their victory.

Turn 4
White Soled Charlies do no go down easily, and shot at two chimps... instantly killing one, and sending the other running. Perhaps there was a chance afterall.

Silverback Jack, Top Dog of the Jackanapes, was not happy with this turn of events, and order his apes to open fire from multiple directions... but the enemy Top Dog just wouldn't go down.

Turn 5
Backed into a corner, with more apes charging to join the fight, the White Soled Charlies Top Dog decided to make a run for it but ended standing completely in the open!?!

Not one to pass up such an opportunity, the Jackapes LT charged forward and blasted with his Stump Gun at close range, dropping the enemy, and winning the day.

SUMMARY
The outcome wasn't a surprise, but I'm glad I didn't have to face the judges yet. I was surprised that I lost one of my highly trained apes (bye bye traits).

Arabin

Great report, thanks! Lots of action, even if it was a bit one sided.

Nice to see someone having a go even though up against a much tougher gang 8)

Did the 'Charlies' survive to play anther game, or were they retired after this?

Cheers,

Steve

I believe they are still up and running, but just with a limp or two. If I remember right, although there were a few serious and crippling injuries, nobody actually died other than my poor chimp, Bubbles :(

Still, a plucky little chimp juve with an attitude that matches the strength of his body odour has joined the crew. Stinky the Chimp will be seeking vengeance on the streets soon...

It's a shame nobody else has written any battle reports from the day as it was a fun time. One game I watched ended quite quickly due to one guy using my dice, and my dice objecting and rolling only 1s. It was over in a couple of rounds... I think they got a couple of shots off... then most of one guys gang ran, leaving only the Top Dog and another... but since that put it to a quarter size, rounded up, he had to make another WtF roll for each. Unfortunately, he rolled two 1s! It's happened to us all at one time or another, but still sucks when it comes up.

Arabin

Back