Products

BigSteveUK

Mongoose
Hi Me Again,

I currently own & am just starting out running conan,

Conan
Scrolls of Skelos
Road of Kings

Would other products would you suggers, which of the city products is best, and are any of the pre-wrriten scenarios any good ?

Cheers,

Steve

Well, there are several threads on this forum where other guys have asked the same question and got very profound answers. Just start a search!

Well, I just own the Core book, Aquilonia Flower of the West and Shadizar box set. All of them are great! Shadizar contains an adventure and the book of Aquilonia has a lot of hooks to give you ideas for your campaign. Many hooks can serve you well to run a long adventure.

I think the Black Kingdoms book is easily your best bet. It contains three complete scenarios that have a great Conan feel. The two pdf adventures were just okay, but I thought the module in the back of Thunder River was solid.

Alternatively, I personally didn't care much for the Shadizar set--the material wasn't very meaty for the price. Same goes for a few of the other supplements. However, I remain a big fan of Road of Kings--probably my favorite supplement overall.

Good luck.

I too wasn't overly impressed with Shadizar; it's got some good info, I just don't think it needed to be in a box-set format. Would have made a good HB for $15 cheaper. Also, it takes up alot of shelf space, which is not necessary.

Back