Problem with Mongoose Web Page

Greetings fellow Travellers!

Sadly, my first post as a new member of this community is to report a problem. For background, I have just gotten back into Traveller last year after a hiatus of more than thirty years (first played in high school back inthe 1980s - yeah, I am old ...).

So last year purchased the the five main books (Core, Central Supply, High Guard, Vehicle Handbook, and the Companion) direcrly from the site. So far so good. Earlier this year I discovered that I can no longer access https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us. Instead of the web site, I get a bunch of random text that looks like HTML errors. Now, I have worked in IT or related fields all my adult life so I did all the basic troubleshooting (try different browsers, check settings and security, cookies, different computers, router settings) to no no avail. I recently moved house as well and changed ISP with similar results. The only way I can access the site is on my phone (WIFI off, cell data only), which is far from ideal. Last detail, if it helps, I am located in Montreal, Canada. I can't seem to post a pic (new user restricion, I guess...) so I will paste what I get when trying to access the page:

" 1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (Exception): Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/mongoose/website/current/app/code/Bss/GeoIPAutoSwitchStore/Observer/Redirect.php on line 354

Exception #0 (Exception): Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/mongoose/website/current/app/code/Bss/GeoIPAutoSwitchStore/Observer/Redirect.php on line 354
<pre>#1 Bss\GeoIPAutoSwitchStore\Observer\Redirect->getCountryByIpInfo('66.205.237.152', array(array('geoip_id' => 395194, 'network' => '66.205.224.0/19', 'geoname_id' => 0, 'begin_ip' => 1120788480, 'end_ip' => 1120796671))) called at [app/code/Bss/GeoIPAutoSwitchStore/Observer/Redirect.php:304]
#2 Bss\GeoIPAutoSwitchStore\Observer\Redirect->execute(&Magento\Framework\Event\Observer#0000000000c0f660000000000b577291#) called at [vendor/magento/framework/Event/Invoker/InvokerDefault.php:88]
#3 Magento\Framework\Event\Invoker\InvokerDefault->_callObserverMethod(&Bss\GeoIPAutoSwitchStore\Observer\Redirect#0000000000c0f612000000000b577291#, &Magento\Framework\Event\Observer#0000000000c0f660000000000b577291#) called at [vendor/magento/framework/Event/Invoker/InvokerDefault.php:74]
#4 Magento\Framework\Event\Invoker\InvokerDefault->dispatch(array('instance' => 'Bss\GeoIPAutoSwi...', 'name' => 'redirect_store'), &Magento\Framework\Event\Observer#0000000000c0f660000000000b577291#) called at [vendor/magento/framework/Event/Manager.php:66]
#5 Magento\Framework\Event\Manager->dispatch('controller_front...', array('request' => &Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http#0000000000c0ff91000000000b577291#, 'response' => &Magento\Framework\App\Response\Http\Interceptor#0000000000c0ff9d000000000b577291#)) called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php:131]
#6 Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch() called at [generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/Http/Interceptor.php:24]
#7 Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor->launch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php:261]
#8 Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(&Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor#0000000000c0ff82000000000b577291#) called at [us/index.php:48]
</pre>
"

So my question to the community is this: have any of you encountered anything like this? I see Matt from Mongoose on here all the time, maybe he could shed some light.

Thanks for any insight any of you may be able to provide. Hopefully my next posts will be more constructive and on topic - looking forward to sharing plans for my Travelle Universe.

Cheers ...
Peter

Traveller-PLM said:
So last year purchased the the five main books (Core, Central Supply, High Guard, Vehicle Handbook, and the Companion) direcrly from the site. So far so good. Earlier this year I discovered that I can no longer access https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us.
I can access https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/ and https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ with no errors.

I am using Firefox94.0 (64-bit) on Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3. LTS x86_64

Traveller-PLM said:
So last year purchased the the five main books (Core, Central Supply, High Guard, Vehicle Handbook, and the Companion) direcrly from the site. So far so good. Earlier this year I discovered that I can no longer access https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us.
What I do is just let the site take me to the RPG product page. Then I insert the /us/ in the URL to take me to the US version of the page. The trick is to remember doing that especially if you are buying. Otherwise, GBP instead of USD happens. Been doing it that way since 2015, I think.

Seems fine here

Pale Moon: 29.4.0.2
Chromium: 90.0.4430.212
Firefox: 78.12.0esr

All running on Debian Linux.

Traveller-PLM said:
Sadly, my first post as a new member of this community is to report a problem. For background, I have just gotten back into Traveller last year after a hiatus of more than thirty years (first played in high school back inthe 1980s - yeah, I am old ...).

Let me know if you are still having issues or whether this was just an Internet wobble.

On a not entirely unrelated note, our all-new web site goes on line in just a few weeks!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I realize that this is obscure and just bad luck for me.

@ShawnDriscoll: I appreciate your suggestion and will give it a try, but I am not optimistic.

@MongooseMatt: The issue has been ongoing for nearly a year now. A pretty long time for an "internet wobble" lol. If Shawn's suggestion doesn't pan out I will wait and see what happens when your new www site goes live ... fingers crossed!

Cheers!

Reviving this old thread to report happy news. I recieved an email notification today informing me that the new Mongoose Publishing website is up and running. I went for a look and found that I can access the site as normal - good times! :D Now to restrain myself from going on a buying spree lol.

Many thanks to Matt and others for your helpful suggestions!

Safe travels everyone!

I'm afraid I seem to be having a problem logging in on the new site -- it doesn't seem to recognise an account under my email. Is anyone else having this problem?

G'Naakbusters said:
I'm afraid I seem to be having a problem logging in on the new site -- it doesn't seem to recognise an account under my email. Is anyone else having this problem?

Drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com - we'll sort you out!

MongooseMatt said:
G'Naakbusters said:

Drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com - we'll sort you out!

Thanks, I've sent a quick email.

Back