Pregenerated Characters

Jkemp4

Mongoose
Hello, has anyone used the characters provided in the mission book? Or did your group create their own characters? The mission book states you should the pregenerated characters, but creation in this system looks fun.

I am going to run on Weds. I had my players make up characters, which was fun and went quickly once they got a handle on it. I think the Mission Book will run fine with either the pregenerated characters or player created characters.

I am wondering if the pregens have errors? By the rules for character creation I think they should have six Stat points but they all seem to only have five.

Allen

Characters Should start with 5 stat points (1 for every positive skill) (page 17 Playerss Handbook).

Players can add stat points (if they wish) by spending clones (Page 18, PHB).

Every one of the pregenerated characters in the Mission Book has five stat points but SIX positive skills. No indications of any Moxie being spent on that extra skill

Allen

allenshock1 said:
Every one of the pregenerated characters in the Mission Book has five stat points but SIX positive skills. No indications of any Moxie being spent on that extra skill

Allen

Huh, never noticed that before. (That's because I either make new pregens specifically for a mission or have players go through the rivalry-inducing chargen process.) Here's my take:

- The pregens in the Mission Book do not have Moxie listed. Therefore, it's likely Moxie was spent each time to gain a new positive skill.
- It's great spending time on examples like pregens to grok the system! Paranoia is all about ignoring rules to have fun, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. What the GM decides is what is proper.
- If you have the time, always go through Paranoia's chargen system. Not only is it fun, it helps generate intraparty conflits (the fun kind!) that translates into cool backstabbing and plotting against each other.

Does that help at all?

Back