Poll: How Do You Play Traveller These Days?

dmccoy1693

Cosmic Mongoose
We at JBE want to know how to focus our efforts these days. Let us know how you play Traveller with a pandemic going with no end in sight. Vote in our poll at the JBE Blog and discuss it here.

Notebooking for a future campaign, but I'm running another system over Discord so that's a strong possibility for the future.

(And I never click on links from forums, so that won't be in your vote total.)

I'm running a campaign on zoom (though it's a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover using Savage Worlds) and a solo Traveller campaign to try out the rules

For those of you working with VTT apps - I'm looking for good token/portrait packs which well-suited for Traveller. In particular, I'd love to find packs with reasonably good Aslan and Vargr images. Any suggestions?

Linwood said:
For those of you working with VTT apps - I'm looking for good token/portrait packs which well-suited for Traveller. In particular, I'd love to find packs with reasonably good Aslan and Vargr images. Any suggestions?

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/4410/sci-fi-aliens-feline-races

Thanks, jwlovell!!

As usual I'm a bit disappointed with the aliens. Nothing that looks like a good Vargr or Aslan to my eye. But several nice packs of ordinary people, security, etc. And some good animal lifeforms.

We're using Fantasy Grounds Unity for gameplay, discord for voice/video and OOC/out of game chat. Really been working well. FGU has a ways to go- Highguard hasn't been released for it yet- but it's really been fantastic and very playable. My group and I are watching the Fantasy Grounds forums closely for update information as it's released. Highguard isn't too far off on the horizon apparently.

greyseasunder said:
We're using Fantasy Grounds Unity for gameplay, discord for voice/video and OOC/out of game chat. Really been working well. FGU has a ways to go- Highguard hasn't been released for it yet- but it's really been fantastic and very playable. My group and I are watching the Fantasy Grounds forums closely for update information as it's released. Highguard isn't too far off on the horizon apparently.

Woohoo!

Hoping for my first try at Going in FGU later this week... <fingers crossed>

Linwood said:

No Vargr but some Human and Aslan tokens can be found here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54641-Portrait-Tokens-or-MGT2

Linwood said:
greyseasunder said:

Woohoo!

Hoping for my first try at Going in FGU later this week... <fingers crossed>

It's pretty slick. We've not done any true starship vs starship combat, but for everything else, it's been fantastic! Looking forward to when they release Highguard.

The ruleset for MGT2 is great for the most part. But right now I continue to run into intermittent FGU freezes using Mac Catalina OS. We're still putting characters together so I'm not sure yet how that will affect the game sessions...

Linwood said:
The ruleset for MGT2 is great for the most part. But right now I continue to run into intermittent FGU freezes using Mac Catalina OS. We're still putting characters together so I'm not sure yet how that will affect the game sessions...

Definitely post your situation on the FG forums so Moon Wizard can look into it.

How do I play... only in my imaginations when I look at my shelf full of Traveller books (MGT1 & 2, the rest are in a box in the closet). *sigh*

My group cannot kick themselves off the d20 teat. :cry:

(I also do not follow links)

Linwood said:
My VTT game has openings for another player or two....

Probably best in a new thread with some details. Days/time, details on the campaign what platform you are using.

Back