Pixar's latest production

1- WWII was won by Russian manpower which was kept in the fight with massive, massive US aid, US airpower devastating the Luftwaffe and longterm German incompetence. Without the aid, the Russians could not have gone to such an offensive footing.

2- Capturing the Head of State of the US is not as crippling as any other nation at the time.

Na-Po said:
Well with such a scenario we might still got an Emperor ;-)

Dunno, the likely line of succession would have lead to Napoleon III who may have ballsed up the same and caused a revolution, plus you never seemed happy with any of the governments you had in the 19th century for very long...

Tedrick said:
2- Capturing the Head of State of the US is not as crippling as any other nation at the time.

Probably more than capturing the British King would have...
Since George III (like all British monarchs by that time) had no political power, and he was mad (plus long lived, I'm sure George IV would have been overjoyed to get the throne...).

Nick

captainsmirk said:
Na-Po said:

Dunno, the likely line of succession would have lead to Napoleon III who may have ballsed up the same and caused a revolution, plus you never seemed happy with any of the governments you had in the 19th century for very long...Nick

or their governments in the 20th century! :lol:

Reaverman said:
I wonder if Burger can do a pic of an EA ship, with a sponsorship logos on it? :)
Well it just had to be done, didn't it...
The Pepsi Marathon :lol:
ctamarathonpepsium2.jpg

captainsmirk said:
Na-Po said:

Dunno, the likely line of succession would have lead to Napoleon III who may have ballsed up the same and caused a revolution, plus you never seemed happy with any of the governments you had in the 19th century for very long...

That's true the third was a very "pale" copy of Bonaparte, and it was a time of change between several gov. type (which by the way led to the war of 70)

Burger said:
Reaverman said:
I wonder if Burger can do a pic of an EA ship, with a sponsorship logos on it? :)
Well it just had to be done, didn't it...
The Pepsi Marathon :lol:
ctamarathonpepsium2.jpg

Thats great, now I reckon that the Brakiri...bing the corporate business men that they are, should have sponsorship.

"Spooki Cola" :p

Reaverman said:
Thats great, now I reckon that the Brakiri...bing the corporate business men that they are, should have sponsorship.

"Spooki Cola" :p
Nah... the Brakiri with their Gravitic Shifters, would definitely be fans of Jolt Cola.

Two thread comments:

1:I. Love. Those. Ships. Each pic has had me snickering in my office, I wisk there were B5 players at work to show these to.

2:What about a little love for us Native Americans? We obviously lost, I mean only now are we really stabbing back at the man, but considering the resources available, inter tribal issues that stopped/slowed cohesion, and general shake hand/stab back of the enemy, we have a nice little list of ass-whoopins we dealt out that make me proud.

Lord David the Denied said:
The so-called Indian Wars didn't seem relevent to the discussion...

they were quite relevant to the outbreak of the american war of independence as I mentioned, so Warjammy you did get your "little love" now where is my fifteen dollar!? :lol:

Lord David the Denied said:
There's that, I suppose. Most of the Indian Wars really took place after US independance, though, so far as I understand it, at least.

depends on your definition of "indian wars". But the native americans had ben fighting the europeans a long time before US independence.
One of the major causes of the American revolution was the British government forbidding American colonisation west of the appalachians. Britain was intending to honour a pledge to the natives that the west would remain theirs

Back