Pirate Isles sorcery

A

Anonymous

Could anyone please drop by a line about the sorcery section in Pirate Isels, and how it is like? Any lower level spells? Any new necromancy spells? And how are the new sorcery styles like? (can a sorceror call down weather and lightning for instance)

Anonymous said:
Could anyone please drop by a line about the sorcery section in Pirate Isels, and how it is like? Any lower level spells? Any new necromancy spells? And how are the new sorcery styles like? (can a sorceror call down weather and lightning for instance)

Weather yes, lightning no. You'd be looking for that other D20 game, over there *points at a E3.5 book*

If it doesn't make you a bit green at the gills to think about, it probably doesn't belong as a spell in a Conan book.

Shannon
Mongoose
Current Status: Creating sickness

What? No wave strike? No teleport ship? What? This can't be!!!

Stupid 3E people.

I just want to ram my sword into their guts. Use their skulls as drinking mugs.

If someone could just answr my original question, that would be nice. Since I will buy the book for the sorcery chapter, I would like to know if I would be getting my moneys worth buying this book.

There are 2 new Necromancy Spells:

Derketa's Dhow
Drums of the Dead

There are 2 new Curse Spells, 3 Nature Magic Spells,8 Sea Witchery spells, and 6 Weather Witchery spells.

btw, I highly recommend this book. Even if you are not planning a sea based campaign, you will get great use out of this book anyways. There is a good village generation system, block stats for various pirate groups, naval crews and officers, merchants, and stats for sea beasts. There is a chart that shows travel distance and time to travel between coastal cities (want to know how long a trip between Kordava and Khemi will take). Ship construction rules are highly customizable and can be used for river craft as easily as for ocean vessels. The pirate code system is cool also and there are adventures in this book that are more detailed then the 1 paragraph hooks we've been seeing in other books. The art in this book is also very well done.

MF

Holy Zombie Geebus. This Pirates book sounds like a damn fine thing to purchase. Twenty one new sorcery spells, several new sorcery styles? The book sounds as though it's alternate title should be Scrolls of Skelos II. :D

Back