[PBP Game Starting] Adventures in the Hyborian Age

Midnight

Mongoose
I'm starting a Online Play-by-post game in Rondaks Portal
If anybody is interested Let Me Know!

http://www.rondaksportal.com

Adventures in the Hyborian Age
World Setting: CONAN RPG (Mongoose Games)
Rules Type: d20 - Fantasy
Referee: Erik Menard (Clumsy_Crusader)
World Summary:
'Know, o prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyberborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.'

~Excerpt from "The Nemedian Chronicles"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Caution: This game will try to keep true to the spirit of the Conan Stories by Robert E. Howard. By that I mean that the subject matter MAY at times be of a "mature" nature, This might might include such things as picture of slavery, Semi-nude / Nude women, Seduction, Descriptions of a Sexual Nature, Graphic Violence, Blood, Gore, Foul language, Etc... If for some reason these things might offend you in the context of a Sword & Sorcery Fantasy game please do not apply, there are many more games on the portal that might better suite your sensibilities.

I will supply Generic Character's for those who wish to play, but might not have access to the rulebook. These Characters will have the bare bones of a background to allow you to further flesh them out, and make then your own. If you wish to create your own character please generate them at Third Level with no multi-classing having taken place yet. I reserve the right to verify and approve all Characters submitted. I am starting the Camapign with 4 player Characters, but once the camaping is established I may decide to add more latter.(Probably by invitation only, but I'm not sure yet.)

The Campaign will start in Zamora in the City of Shadizar or " Shadizar the Wicked" as it is known by many. It will begin by following the Classic Wanderer's & Thieves Model but may evolve into something quite different over time.

As I said Character's will be starting in Shadizar at loose end's. Other than the clothes on their backs, Armor, and Weapons; they only have a few silver to rub together, barely emnough to buy themselves a meal and lodging for the night,so they're hard up for cash and looking for employment of some sort.

Currently there are 4 Pregenerated Characters to Choose From:
- Conor the Cimmerain Barbarian (Position Filled)
- Jubal the Shemite Nomad
- Anichka the Zamorian Thief
- Brocas the Nemedian Adventurer

If you wish to play something different please write and give me a character concept sketch, at that point I'll let you know whether you should proceed with your concept, rework it, or possibly start over entirely.

Color me interested, but I'd like to know a little more about this Portal you're using.

If I were to jump in, I'd probably either use the Nemedian Adventurer, or perhaps whip up an Aquilonian borderer.

Johannixx said:
Color me interested, but I'd like to know a little more about this Portal you're using.

Go check out the Site

http://www.rondaksportal.com

it's absolutley free!!! and it's the best format for play-by-post games I've found!

Midnight

Signed up and ready to play, just need to whip up a character. Aquilonian Pirate, Nemedian Adventurer, or perhaps a Borderer of some sort?

Just signed up on there as well. Haven't decided what to play yet but I am leaning towards a Gunderman Pikeman.

And I'm signed up as well. Thinking possibly a Nordheimer something or other, possibly changeable. I'll think on that.

I've pretty much settled on either an Argossean Pirate or Tauran Borderer. Either way is fine with me, though it would be more difficult to explain the presence of a pirate in Shadizar ;)

Well the Game is full for now folks!!

Hythian
Ordovician
Johannixx
and Two Other Victims Err.... Players ( One more that I had anticipated )

Are my first stable of players, Thanks for signing up!!

For those of you who are interested in following their Exploits you can always join the campaign as a lurker on Rondaks. In fact any further applications will be drawn from the Lurker Pool first, then opened up to the general populace.

Thanks for the Interest!

Midnight

Wow, a third game in Shadizar, a popular place that is. :)

I might be game, of course I am already playing a Scholar in another play by post game, so might try another or something else. Looks like you got four players though, so perhaps I'll just lurk.

Lando

Lando The Archmagi said:
Wow, a third game in Shadizar, a popular place that is. :)

I might be game, of course I am already playing a Scholar in another play by post game, so might try another or something else. Looks like you got four players though, so perhaps I'll just lurk.

Lando

Well I guess Shadizar is just a Natual Choice if your going to do free wheeling High adventure :D

Your more that Welcome to Lurk! the more the merrier
If you choose to remember to look under Lurkable Worlds and D20-Fantasy.

The neat thing is that Lurkers can discuss the game amonst themselves and the GM and the Players never see a thing!

OK, well on second thought, maybe I'm not playing. The site seems convinced that my password's wrong and I can't get into my account. Then I try doing a password retrieval, and it tells me that I never gave it an e-mail address in my profile, even though I did. Kinda sucks as I had a character at the ready, but those are the breaks I guess.

So if Lando wants to join, he can, I guess.

Well, I might get to look at your game tomorrow or so. Posted stuff about my game in another thread and am playing in a PBP game in Shadizar too... so that's just funny that everyone picked the same locale.

Looks like your game is a different scope and scenario though, so that's a plus. Sorry to hear folks are having trouble with the site, that might keep me from checking it out too. I'll take a look tomorrow as its late and I need to sleep. :)

Ordovician said:
OK, well on second thought, maybe I'm not playing. The site seems convinced that my password's wrong and I can't get into my account. Then I try doing a password retrieval, and it tells me that I never gave it an e-mail address in my profile, even though I did. Kinda sucks as I had a character at the ready, but those are the breaks I guess.

So if Lando wants to join, he can, I guess.

you can sign in under a different E-Mail Address and Handle or write
rondak@rondaksportal.com and Fraser can probably fix it up!

I Just Contacted Rondak for you to see if we can get this resolved! Please PM me the E-mail Address you want associated with this account.

Else Lando's Welcome to take your place.

Midnight

Midnight said:
I Just Contacted Rondak for you to see if we can get this resolved! Please PM me the E-mail Address you want associated with this account.

I just Spoke with Brianna Co-Admin or Rondaks and they completely deleted you old account so you can now recreated from Scratch!!

Look forward to having you Play the Group looks Like it's shaping up well!

Midnight

Trying it again, and as yet all seems to be working alright. I'm going with a Hyperborean Scholar named Zigfrid. I'm adding a few things in his background that can serve as hooks for you to base things around, or disregard, whichever.

Did you leave me in from earlier? Because it won't let me submit the application, saying I'm already a member of the game.

Back