over throwing luners in RQ2

eh right now were getting ready for a siege we have cannon catapult and ballista that are being built and we convinced the barbairan tribes to unite against the luners, (cost me 10,000 luners a year and we cant build any new walls but its worth that) and corflu was burned to the ground.....yeah we did a prison break and let everyone out....might have been a bad idea but the lunes havnt stared to march on us so were good for another few seasons but once that starts, all hell is going to break loose...it will be the freaking crusades

but when the lunars turn up, who is guarding the rubble and the troll breach?

How can you hope to defend such a large area of the rubble with the population from pavis? Once the rubble falls the lunar army will overlook pavis and can just destroy it.

Plus as has been said, if the lunars turn up they will be in numbers and in no mood to talk, so the local tribeman, trolls, chaos and elves that populate the area will be upset that their stable balance will be destroyed as the Lunars rake up the area again

FNG

The Rubble can actually take care of itself; there's magic in there that even the Lunar's wouldn't want to tangle with...

FNG said:
but when the lunars turn up, who is guarding the rubble and the troll breach?

How can you hope to defend such a large area of the rubble with the population from pavis? Once the rubble falls the lunar army will overlook pavis and can just destroy it.

Plus as has been said, if the lunars turn up they will be in numbers and in no mood to talk, so the local tribeman, trolls, chaos and elves that populate the area will be upset that their stable balance will be destroyed as the Lunars rake up the area again

FNG

This is 1624? You are probably safe. The Lunars will not send a large force to Prax until after the commission of the new Temple to the Reaching Moon in Sartar (and most of the Lunar army is already engaged in Esrolia or dealing with a very dangerous uprising in Heortland and Sartar). After the Dragonrise, it is very unlikely that the Lunars will ever return to Prax. They will have much bigger problems on their hands than Pavis.

Jeff

Toomuch said:
you know there is 2 bats right, one on the moon and one that just flys around the empire

Is there? I think you may be wrong (although please correct me - absolutely possible it's me who's got it wrong).
I'm talking about 3rd age here (which is when your campaign seems to be set) - 2nd age could be completely different.
I wonder if you are getting confused with references to a bat that lives on the Red Moon? If so, that's the same beastie - that's where it lives. Again, I could be wrong - so please anyone feel free to correct me.
Not that it matters, of course. It's only a game. And if you want to have one, two, three, or umpteen million Crimson Bats in your game then that's up to you. But I'm pretty sure that 'officially' (for what that's worth) there is only the one.

Hi,

The Crimson Bat, aka the Steed of the Red Goddess is a horrific manifestation, Blaskarth, the so called Cosmic Death, a potent being of entropy. Huvaran the Bat of Death, the so called Traitor of Birds is the Rinliddi folk god of death, who in turn is associated with Blaskarth. However in the second age teh Crimson Bat does not appear to be manifested, this only occurs when the Red Goddess in her form of Teelo Estara defeated and devoured the God of Death (Blaskarth) and created the Crimson Bat from her own body. Blaskarth's magic includes communion with the Otherworld, Mastery over Bats and Emulation of Bats. This cult or more precisely the cult of Huvaran is almost certainly in existence in the Second Age.

I was always of the belief that the Crimson Bat could be slain, but that its soul would return to the Bat Cave on the Red Moon and a new body would be formed, he is after all an aspect of the Cyclic Red Moon and descendant of a Death God. So I would guage the level of the defeat your players did and then give them either seven days, seven weeks, seven seasons or seven years before the bat comes knocking at their door, and hell he may even bring his Daddy.

For more information on the Crimson Bat see ILH2:Under the Red Moon from Moon Design, or if you can find it Cults of Terror. The first is still in print and is available from Rick Meints, see www.glorantha.com.

Cheers Simon

Blackyinkin said:
However in the second age teh Crimson Bat does not appear to be manifested, this only occurs when the Red Goddess in her form of Teelo Estara defeated and devoured the God of Death (Blaskarth) and created the Crimson Bat from her own body.

Didn't Arkat defeat and banish the Crimson Bat in the First Age? I can't remember the reference, but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

Yeah, it's mentioned here for starters: http://www.glorantha.com/library/religions/cult-bat.html

("Taking out" the Crimson Bat isn't exactly a final end for it, by the way...)

Back