Outer Veil

JBRocky

Banded Mongoose
Just picked this up and I am really enjoying what I see so far. I am thinking of running a Merchant Campaign and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the setting?

Many thanks for liking the setting! (I'm the main author) :mrgreen:

Oh, by the way, there are several additional OV titles in the work, including a ship book (12 new starships!) and 48 Passengers for your merchant ship to pick up... Also, we at Spica Publishing are working towards a hardcopy version of OV...

Golan2072 said:

Oh, by the way, there are several additional OV titles in the work, including a ship book (12 new starships!) and 48 Passengers for your merchant ship to pick up... Also, we at Spica Publishing are working towards a hardcopy version of OV...

Squee! I'm really looking forward to more OV content!

Golan2072 said:

I saw that you were woring towards the hard copy of Outer Veil and I love the idea of a Starship and Passengers books. So any good ideas where to base a basic free Trader type campaign? Been looking at places like Anat, Rana or Spinoza Subsectors.

In the OV book it states that the Rana subsector will be the "default" subsector. So more info will be coming out for that subsector than any other.

You also have the entire sector to the left (Spinward) of the Sol Sector. About 1/2 of a subsector (Subsector L) should have outposts or small colonies in it and the rest of the sector is wide open.

For a Merchant game with lots of action, setting the game in the Outer Veil region should give you a good mix of decent worlds and small/new colonies and outposts.

Personally, I like the Rana subsector because it has everything from an Intermediate world (Rana) to Unexplored space, so a bit of everything.

Back