Online Conan Campaign

mlmguru99

Mongoose
Hey I checked out the Klooge site for running online games. It looks very cool. I am thinking of buying the system with six player licenses. But I would like to play it first a few times as a player to see how it plays. Does anyone run a game with it I could get in on?

I want to create an ongoing Conan Campaign, and this looks like a great way to do it with people from anywhere.

What has been the experience of it's use?

I would like to join a Conan Campaign using this system.

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, here is Jay Lawson's work on customizing KW for the Conan RPG:

http://hyboria.xoth.net/online-gaming/conan_klooge.htm

I just started as a player, so I don't have a licensed version for you to connect with...hopefully a KW game master will get in touch with you. But it does work out pretty well and is fun to play. Since most Conan players seem to be spread out, this is a great resource!

Great, I downloaded his files. I will purchase the full system if I can find someone to play it with to test it out. I will then spend time to develop a whole campaign.

So if anyone is running a game using the system let me know

This is Jay Lawson. I have one more license available in my game, so you are welcome to join if you like. However, we will be playing Tuesdays from 7-10pm EST, which is probably not the most convenient if you are in Arizona :cry:

If you are interested, shoot me an email at jaylawson39@yahoo.com.

Also, I have found a few mistakes in the conan_klooge files - nothing major but they could be improved. Ater our group plays a bit and irons out the kinks, I will post a new set of files.

Hello Jay,

I would love to play. I own my own business, so I can make that time work.

What do I need to do in order to play? Create a character etc. How many players what kinds of character do we have etc?

Thanks,
Kelley

I am playing in Jay's online campaign tonight. Once I have some experience I will be starting a game as well. If anyone is interested let me know.

I have set-up a yahoo group for playing Conan online using klooge. Anyone who is interested is welcome to sign up. Just click on the link in my signature.

We had a blast. Jay you did a great job. I can't wait until I can learn more about the online system.

I am very excited and if we want to add voice to the game we can.

Thanks,
Kelley

I don't use KW,but I do use OpenRPG and PbP (Play By Post) games.

So drop me a line.

OpenRPG- Free
http://www.openrpg.com

My PbP Game
http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=479

Another session of our online campaign is posted at:

http://valhalla.apt.columbia.edu/hyboria

along with some screenshots.

I am new to this baord but I have a question about koggleworks.It comes up as a JAR file what do I need to do to load it properly on my PC?I would be intrested in joining a game.Also I am currently running my own game here in VA using some of the conan rules which seem to fit a bit better than the 3.5 rules.

thanxs for the welcome :D and I must say this is a great site.It does help me with my game I am running giving me great ideas to toss to my players.For there first adventure they are on a carvan headed to the Free city of Ilien.from there they will be traveling north into the spiderwood.a Lost Temple is in there and what they find is a Cleric of set,a dark wizard and a tiefling fighter with hordes of skeletons and the cleric is just about to sacifice the last pure virgin in this ritual.

Aelric said:
thanxs for the welcome :D and I must say this is a great site.It does help me with my game I am running giving me great ideas to toss to my players.For there first adventure they are on a carvan headed to the Free city of Ilien.from there they will be traveling north into the spiderwood.a Lost Temple is in there and what they find is a Cleric of set,a dark wizard and a tiefling fighter with hordes of skeletons and the cleric is just about to sacifice the last pure virgin in this ritual.

What's a tiefling? :shock: :?

Back