One Night in Mega-City One - Campaign Day - Nov 23rd

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
On November 23rd, Mongoose Publishing is throwing open its doors to hold an official campaign day for the Judge Dredd miniatures game. One Night in Mega-City One is a yearly Judge Dredd event that pits players against one another in a series of games to decide who has the greatest gang or force in Mega-City One. Each player will start off with a basic force and, using the campaign rules in the rulebook, build that force up with new models, equipment and experienced Heroes. There will also no doubt be opportunities to use Mercenaries, Heroes & Villains and Judges of the World in the games, meaning some of the stars of the Judge Dredd comic strip will be making an appearence!

You can find more information and get tickets here;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniatures/judge-dredd/rulebook/apocmc1-tournament.html

If you use the DREDD coupon code while ordering through our web site, you will not be charged for postage for the ticket or anything else you order at the same time!

Alternatively, you can call us up at 01793 434488 and book over the phone!

Do you want to try again, just had a go and it is working for me :)

Remember to a) do DREDD all in capitals and b) very important, remember to click on Apply Coupon.

Let me know what happens, but you should be good.

Very odd - you are welcome to give us a call with a card or, alternatively, send the payment directly to paypal@mongoosepublishing.com and we will sign you up!

A quick addition to this - it looks like we are going to be giving away a special promo model of Judge Dredd himself to every player at this campaign day. This model will _never_ go on general release and, thus far, this is the only place you will be able to get hold of it.

Worth turning up for!

Any spaces left? I'm leaning towards coming down for this.

Well, the website sold me a ticket, and I've booked a hotel room. You have to let me in now. :)

What gangs are people using?

Quick question on the victory conditions.

The winner of the tournament will be the player whose force has the most credits overall.

Is this literally the most unspent credits at the end of the event? Or the most credits accumulated over the course of the event (spent or unspent)? Or the force that's worth the most at the end, including unspent credits?

If it's the first option (as it seems to be) then I've unfortunately come up with a cheesy way of gaming the system. Take a force consisting of a single cheap hero (street gang with one juve hero for example) and make up your force with mercenaries each game. You'll have over 400 unspent credits to start with which should give you a good heads-up on everyone else, plus all your opponents will earn very little for beating you.

Quick note: I do not intend to do this myself, and anyone who tries it against me will be getting a lousy sportsmanship score. I just thought I'd get some clarification, in case anyone else is thinking the same way.

Would love to get my hands on the Dredd figure for the tourney, but cannot make it there in time :( Australia why are you so far away from everything :( .

Could we run a campaign in Australia like this call it One Night in Oz or something so players here in the land Down Under could have access to the Dredd figure?

Just a thought.

Brett

wolfdenoz said:
Could we run a campaign in Australia like this call it One Night in Oz or something so players here in the land Down Under could have access to the Dredd figure?

If somebody wants to organise it...

Nice

How would I go about that Mat?

Do you contact you off here or something?

Would love to get Dredd going here in Australia.

Brett

For the record:

Start
Brit-Cit Justice Department, Dock Green Division
Detective Judge Dixon (Level 1; Accurate, Headbreaking)
Para-Squad Judge Hopkirk (Level 1; Accurate, Concussive Blast)
Beat Judge Deed (Level 1; Skilled & Deadly, Academy Star)
Total rating 465 (+35)

End:
Detective Judge Dixon (Bionic left arm, 10XP, Level 4; Accurate, Headbreaking, Martial Artist, Black Belt, +2 Agility, +3 Shoot, +3 Will)
Para-Squad Judge Hopkirk died in the line of duty.
Beat Judge Deed (Advanced bionic arms, Advanced bionic legs, 9XP, Level 4; Skilled & Deadly, Academy Star, Situational Awareness, Accurate, +3 Agility, +2 Shoot, +2 Melee, 5 Hits)
Para-Squad Judge Randall (2XP, Level 2; Concussive Blast, Levitate, Concantrated Mind, +2 Agility, +2 Shoot, +2 Will, 6 Psi, 2 Hits (Crippling Body injury))
Beat Judge Wilson (Bionic right arm, 2 XP, Level 2; Luck of Grud, Accurate, Close Combat Shooting, +2 Agility, +3 Shoot)
Beat Judge Smith (2XP, Level 2; +3 Agility, +2 Shoot, Stealth, Silent Action, Accurate)
Total rating 1,495 (+171)

Honourable mention to Cal-Hab Judge Taggart, who single-handedly took out a Mega-City 1 Riot Judge and two Street Judges with his broadsword before getting shot in the back. Detective Dixon has also developed a bit of fearsome reputation amongst the local Cmipanzee population after arresting two of them (one of them on two separate occasions!). Sadly, the designers of the iso-cubes need to make them more ape-proof, as they kept escaping custody.

And all done in time to get back to watch Doctor Who :D

Back