OGL Pulp?

technodemon

Mongoose
Are there any plans to do an OGL Pulp? I can see alot potiential for the product that explores the the old mystery and heroric adventure stories like g-men, the shadow and noir films.

technodemon said:
Are there any plans to do an OGL Pulp? I can see alot potiential for the product that explores the the old mystery and heroric adventure stories like g-men, the shadow and noir films.

Well...yes and no. However, I'll drop that ever popular statement: I cannot comment on this topic at this time.

Writer's do not get to make official statements. Which is all for the best. We are a pretty feckless bunch despite our best intentions. Too many ideas, not enough time in the day.

Shannon
Mongoose
Current Status: Watching Ash while his wife sleeps.

skalvar said:
technodemon said:

Well...yes and no. However, I'll drop that ever popular statement: I cannot comment on this topic at this time.

Both Shannon and I are very keen on a Pulp game. Now I just have to convince Matthew...

Bookshelves full of Spider, Doc Savage, Avenger, and Shadow novels speak for themselves.
I would love to see Mongoose do a good OGL Pulp based game.

I'd like to see an OGL Pulp game from Mongoose, but I'm wondering what would differentiate it from the existing Adventure!, Forbidden Kingdoms, and Grim Tales?

Following the OGL template of having a rules set, and no background, would seriously limit the appeal of such a product, wouldn't it?

On the other hand, I'd love to see such a book with a setting in mind, like Shanghai in the 1920s and 1930s, for example, or a fake city like Gotham or Metropolis as the center for adventure.

If such a game book also included character creation rules allowing for pulp-era superheroes, I'd be there in a flash.

Jason Durall said:
I'd like to see an OGL Pulp game from Mongoose, but I'm wondering what would differentiate it from the existing Adventure!, Forbidden Kingdoms, and Grim Tales?

It would be good? LOL, Sorry. I am a huge Adventure! fan, but hate Adventure! D20. Heck, I didnt even look at Mongoose before because I just saw it as a D20 company, and I dislike d20 books with a passion. Its not rational, I just do. Its not the system. I just dont like having to but D&D to play other games that arent even similar! And I hate downloading documents for a game. If Im buying a game, I want all the rules. I dont think thats too much to ask for.

However, I like OGL. I am SO looking forward to OGL Wild West (huge Western fan too)

If Mongoose came out with OGL Pulp, I would definitely buy it as well as several other friends of mine who have currently purchased every OGL book Mongoose has made. (Good job on those books guys)

Now onto my point, if Mongoose can release OGL Wild West, which I assume is even a smaller niche market than Pulp, and has just as many games out for it, I dont see why they would have a problem with releasing a Pulp game.

Thanks

Back