Offlining S&P

Cheers.
Maybe it's been offered up already and I've just missed it.. but does anyone know when in 2012 the hiatus, assuming it happens, would most likely be over?

And also, not sure if this has been answered but I haven't seen it, will the second half of "Hoffmann's lost Device" (or similar naming) be published before the hiatus?

My GM's just started the Hofman adventure, just before the announcement was made this issue of S&P to be put on hiatus, aaarrrrggghhh.

Sorry for my bad english but.... :oops:

early time i read S&P, then i buy, now no new infos so i save my money for other systems.

After all B5 (missed only two or three vorlons) i has started to buy (and recived all) ACTA:NA but so it will the Kurgans the last buy. :?

Karl

I heard that the second half of the hoffman adventure was released, but for the life of me can't find it. If I have not been lied too, can someone please point a fellow in the right direction?

Good thing I checked last night to complete my run of S&P, 'cause its all gone now.

Is this a sign of the unanticipated downside to PDF "publications"? Licenses and magazines were rarely a problem, because when a license went away the issues of magazines that had to do with it were already long out the door. With PDFs, a company that terminates a license may be obligated to remove past "magazines".

Sucks, it does.

rcbecker1 said:
Matt you might do better to have two mags Minis and RPGs.

Thats what used to happen - but maybe once a month is too frequent to get quality content on a regular basis. Perhaps have the Mini's S&P on even months and rpg S&P on odd months, or maybe have them both coming out once per quarter? While we all love to see S&P and the articles - perhaps it would be better to have more time to get the best standard of content possible?

Well this blows. We just started stocking Mongoose RPGs at our store and one of the key influences was the great support given to the books by signs and portents, it showed a nice level of commitment and cutover support well beyond most other rpg publishers. A real shame it is gong away

In terms of making a new verson if SnP as a single focus magazine, big mistake in my opinion. I remember the first time I discovered traveller, that was in white dwarf, mud skipper adventure I think it was, if not for the variety of coverage WD used to offer I would not have discovered Traveller or may other games. SnP offers abytest window into Mongoose , it made me want to bring the books to our store

So what about having the SnP sponsored by stores? Stores could receive Copies of books , promo gear, demos etc as part of a package that supports SnP, gets them a little exposure and ensures players get ongoing support.

Cheers

Chris

Khunkwai said:
So what about having the SnP sponsored by stores? Stores could receive Copies of books , promo gear, demos etc as part of a package that supports SnP, gets them a little exposure and ensures players get ongoing support.

This is very, very close to what we are planning :)

Please bear with us, as we are just getting our ducks in line with this, but yes, retailers are going to be a focus on how we distribute S&P.

Back