NPC Sheets

A

Anonymous

Vincent Darlage worked up some NPC sheets for The Road of Kings. Given the wealth of material for the book i'm not sure they'll make it in, so here they are for you as a download.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/npcsheets.zip

"ah, a red snapper, very tasty. Now weaver, you can keep your red snapper, or take what Rouni's bringing down now! What's it going to be Weaver, the red snapper, or what's inside the box?"

and for once, the answer to this posit is--

excellent tool for a GM! this will work great for GMs who need adversaries or NPCs on the fly. plus, it will keep players from questioning if the GM's NPCs are still within the rules...

plus it allows players to guage themselves against "similar people" as their own.

I'm amazed at how much this forum extends a helping hand to players and GMs alike (the character sheet, the downloads section, etc.)

All your praise should be directed at Vincent Darlage the author of the sheets.

Just wait until you see what else he's done for the game...

I'm considering building Vincent a small shrine in my apartment. He's truly ubermensch when it comes to Conan goodies :)

One error in them that was only recently noticed was that Weapon AP values do not include a Strength Modifier -- but this should be easy to do on the fly though.

Considering the layout requirements, it was nigh impossible to include all of the different combat options like TWF and Finesse fighting -- I wish it was included though, those 2 changes to combat are part of what makes Conan RPG nifty.

Also, situational modifiers (like Point Blank Shot) have not been included for obvious reasons.

To both Vincent and Mongoose,

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. Those NPC sheets are a great help. :)
Oh, did I remember to say Thank You?

These sheets are absolutely wonderful, and I know I'm going to get a huge amount of use out of them. Thank!

One small error though- the formatting seems wrong for the Pirate sheets, at least when I download them.

This just saved me a whole mess o' work; thanks! :D

*grumble mode* Wish I'd had these the day I got the game last week, as it would have saved me four hours of making up generic level 1-4 NPCs that could have been spent working on the adventure itself. :roll:

I only have 2 items that I would love to see edited.

Both are formatting related.

1. The pirate as mentioned before needs to be looked at.

2. The Thieves have so many class abilities listed at 1st lvl, it pushed some of the ability scores off the printable area of the page.

Oh and once again...Thank you for these pages.

Thrack

Now all we need are Hyborian, Khitain, Stygian and Vendyan scholars (sorcerers).

QUESTION: On an organizational level, how do you think the sheets should be organized in my GM's binder? Alphabetical by race/country or simply alphabetical by class?

The Stats for the NPC Sheets were designed using Playtest Pack 6. The classes in that version all started with either a +1 Parry or +1 Dodge that increased by 1 every level. Apparently, the published version changed that!

Sooooo . . . NPC Sheets' Dodge and Parry values need to be updated to reflect that.

It's being addressed -- some new sheets were sent to Paul this morning but further problems were discovered . . . :(

There should be a further revision available very soon . . .

Since they will require a different layout and a different set of information, they weren't done with the other NPCs but yes, they are planned . . .

I'm of the opinion that Scholars are "Special" NPCs and should never just be generic (ok, that's true of any NPC but Scholars more than any!). Putting a scholar in your campaign should be purposeful and not an after thought. However, folks seem hot for the material so I'll try to deliver in the next week or so. :)

NotVincentDarlage said:
I'm of the opinion that Scholars are "Special" NPCs and should never just be generic (ok, that's true of any NPC but Scholars more than any!). Putting a scholar in your campaign should be purposeful and not an after thought. However, folks seem hot for the material so I'll try to deliver in the next week or so. :)

I quite agree, but it would be nice to have some sample scholars of the different races to use as examples to base your own builds upon. Plus you never know when you're going to need that extra baddie. :D

TTFN,

Yokiboy

Wow, I downloaded these recently, but just got my book yesterday finally, so I opened this up this morning, and wow, that's a lot of work, thanks a lot! (Will wait to print off once the updates come out :) )

Back