Nov 11th Tournament Fleet Lists

Alexb83

Mongoose
Hey all,

I notice there's a tournament pack available for download in the downloads section - does this stand for the Nov 11th tournament, given that it has no armageddon or SFOS ships in it? Or do we get a tournament pack closer to the day?

Not that you could take an armageddon ship in a 5 point raid game, but still...

No, the downloadable tournament pack is obsolete when using Armageddon rules. All ships revert back to SFOS stats, unless they are updated by Armageddon.

Burger said:
No, the downloadable tournament pack is obsolete when using Armageddon rules. All ships revert back to SFOS stats, unless they are updated by Armageddon.

Really? So every ship (provided stats didn't change in Armagedden) are availabele for use in a tournament?

Abraxas said:
Really? So every ship (provided stats didn't change in Armagedden) are availabele for use in a tournament?
Yes, including special characters and Space Stations ;)

What do 5 point raid minbari fleets usually look like? I was thinking Morshin/Leshath/2 Tigaras (or variants). War priority seems too high to go to - how well would a Sharlin survive against 5 sagittarius, with on 1 raid point to spare?

It would be nice to get more neutron beams in, but I guess that's what Teshlans are for. What about veshatans vs. Tinashis?

Probably jumping the gun a bit... I haven't even tried to play the game yet.

Little and Large fleets dont normally fair too well, too much invested in one ship, a couple of lucky crits, bye bye your hitting power

I have faced a variety of Minbari fleets in tourneys. Neshatans are popular, as are Teshlans. Otherwise it is Tinashis, Tigaras and the occasional Morshin.

Thanks Greg - coming up to November a complete novice in the game, it's difficult to know what's likely to be a well rounded but forgiving fleet.

I'm tempted to either go Morshin/Teshlans to take advantage of all the Nials and flyers (as well as the fleet carrier bonuses). Or to go for a Veshetan or Tinashi supported by Teshlans.

Torothas just seem to weak, even if you can take up to 10 of them, and as Tank said I really can't see a Neshatan or Sharlin variant fitting well into a Raid PL fleet, given the cost.

Veshatan is very nice. But, I think my next Minbari fleet will be one of them, and 3 Leshaths :lol:

Does the re-roll that the Leshath can give you only apply to any one weapon on any one ship within 24 inches, or any one weapon on every ship within 24 inches? If so, would 3 leshaths give you any greater benefit than one? I would've thought jumping a couple of Tigaras in at close range would've been of more value. Anti-matter converters look nasty

Scouts can redirect fire onto one enemy ship which is within 24". If successful (CQ 9), each of your ships gets re-rolls to any one weapon system when shooting that target. Your ships can be any range from the target, and any range from your scout (as long as the weapon is in range of the target of course). The only range restriction is from your scout to the enemy.

Multiple scouts could give better chances for the CQ 9 to succeed, and also redirect fire onto multiple enemies. Scouts can also lower stealth, so taking more than 1 can be useful for this (one to reduce stealth, 1 to redirect fire).

But I don't take Leshaths fo their scouting ability, I take them for their offensive capabilities. Every time I take them I roll crits by the bucketload, whereas my Tinashis die to 1 shot from a Skirmish ship.

It is the battle-level variant I have faced twice, Veshatan/Neshatan? I always confuse the two. I haven't faced a war-level ship in a tourney yet.

The tourney pack for the Nov 11th tourney has yet to be posted, Matt said sometoime this week.

At a guess the fleet lists will be ships based on the SFOS, Dilgar, Drakh, Armageddon bookset.

LBH

The veshetan is the battle variant of the Neshetan - basically hull downrated to 5 from 6 and the speed upped, but also losing the rear beam.
Faster and tougher than a Tinashi, but with less fusion cannon dice, oddly enough.

Back