Noble Armada (Horton Hears a Who)

Yeah that is a map that includes, not only, the Known Worlds, but also, the Vau Hegemony and the Barbarian Worlds. It is extremely unlikely that you would venture into Vau space, for you are tasty when dipped in chocolate and you ships make pretty lights when they blow you up ( and believe you me they will blow you up). Where as the Kurgan and Vuldrok space would be a great place for you to visit for the spoils of war, so long as you have proper clearance from the Pheonix Throne.
I pretty much stick to 2nd Ed Fading Suns, not sure I care to look into 3rd Ed. Its a great world and created a great opportunity for a wonderful miniatures game, thanks to your wonderful friends at Mongoose (I cant thank them enough).

Just got my fleet boxes in the mail today. I must say, I am really impressed with the ships. Especially since most of them are my favorite kind of model: 1 piece. just clean them up, prime them, and paint them. No silly assembly lol. Are these NA ships new molds from Mongoose or are they like the B5 ships where they started out life somewhere else and then Mongoose started to produce them? Either way, very nice ships and will definitely get more.

Chris

Hate to sound pessistic, but that was essentially Matt's answer several months ago, based on the timeframe etc he just gave, June is earliest, maybe even July before hard copies etc reach us in the colonies. My friends have already started to drift from NA and I think we're throwing in the towel on NA for Sept. I'll keep my eye out though.

And yes, I still have Abbai and Narn on the shelf too. With all these discontinued fleets, maybe its time to back to Full Thrust? :oops:

Dihenydd said:
Hate to sound pessistic, but that was essentially Matt's answer several months ago, based on the timeframe etc he just gave,

It was, and I apologise, but 'issues' with Star Fleet effectively set all miniatures back by 3-4 months. We are getting back on track now, and NA will be a priority.

Dihenydd said:
Hate to sound pessistic, but that was essentially Matt's answer several months ago, based on the timeframe etc he just gave, June is earliest, maybe even July before hard copies etc reach us in the colonies. My friends have already started to drift from NA and I think we're throwing in the towel on NA for Sept. I'll keep my eye out though.

My Friends and I have pretty much thrown in the Towel for NA. Kinda tired of waiting for fleets and new ships and really the lack of any rule clarifications. We still have yet to see any sort of preview on planet mongoose and the most frustrating part of all this has been the promises of new material from MP and nothing but delays...but SF due to popularity is spoiled rotten with new ship designs and support and previews on PM. We get it now SF sells and NA doesn't.( Cant imagine NA gaining any popularity now either)

Though I do have to be honest, we have one player in our group that is just plain impossible to play and enjoy a game with ( his dice rolls are too damn good). We have tried everything from new dice to a dice tower( that he refuses to use) So its really not entirely MP's fault with our loss of interest in NA.

Shloaksta said:
but SF due to popularity is spoiled rotten with new ship designs and support and previews on PM.

There have been previews of theurgy/psionic rules, Vuldrok, Kurgan, new ships, ship designs...

Last post on PM about NA was last december about the campaign they were playing.
Before that it was the preview of the new gunship and boarding shuttles. Nothing really recent within the last 6 months.
Dont think we dont like the game. We do mainly because it is set in the fading suns universe.

Yeah I understand how you feel. I, myself, have been disappointed with some of the set backs but then I remember that Mongoose released some of the first minis for the game since, 2003 ( I think thats when Holistic last released minis for NA, the Emerald Djinn Fleet if memory serves me correctly). We have to remember that they are a business and are trying to release multiple products at the same time while running a profit to payroll balance. So we might have to wait a few more months for new product. Heck Im still painting the stuff I've bought from them last time I was out. I have 5 fleets and only one of them is mostly painted. Yeah ACTA:SF is the new hot thing on the block but that games is gonna give them the revenue to release other things, especially NA. So we are 7 or 8 months behind, that's fine by me at least Im not gonna have to wait 8 years again. The game is solid and the minis are exquisite. We will have alot of product to see from them before its all done and I'm pumped.

Greg Smith said:
Shloaksta said:
but SF due to popularity is spoiled rotten with new ship designs and support and previews on PM.

There have been previews of theurgy/psionic rules, Vuldrok, Kurgan, new ships, ship designs...

that was mostly last summer greg. SFU has pushed NA into being a 2nd class citizen as I said it would at the start. which is a shame as NA is a far better game with less problems due to being a 1 company product

Its mostly frustration at being stalled and deadlines being pushed back, and back...and again. Sometimes it all boils down to: we are customers and we want to buy your stuff! From the sounds of it once the models are made, it should be a formality to get them painted (it really should be). Everything bar the book's photos should probably be finished if its original release date was over half a year ago.

My friends and I are currently running a NA campaign, involving all 5 Noble House fleets. We are at turn 2 right now and gearing for the first battles. I may post the write-ups, give people something to read and maybe corrupt more people into buying it :)

Well I'm recently corrupted, my Hawkwood fleet arrived yesterday

I've looked at ACTA for quite a while but preferred the setting of Fading Suns to Starfleet, with the upcoming re-release of the Fading Suns rpg I decided it was a good time to join the fun.

Having read the SF crystaline entity post this morning I'd curious to see what stats a void kraken would have.

Just remmember if you see needed corrections and or come up with other ideas they can always be dicussed in the forums and if there good Matt can always say thats great go for it or as i do go with what I like any way.

Soooo, again, any word on the imminent plethora of new Noble Armada releases? Any word on the Fleets of the Fading Suns book? ANY word (with any actual value)?
Found it humorous that Matt Sprange noted in a recent post about a new supplement for NA which will follow the FotFS book... Really? Go ahead and pull the other one! :roll:

Rob

P.S. Hopefully, FotFS will be published before the last two books of the George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones series...

Sawbones12 said:
P.S. Hopefully, FotFS will be published before the last two books of the George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones series...

I think Hell will freeze over before either of those. :twisted:

In all seriousness, any word on fleets yet? It being the end of the month next week you should know if it's going to make it this month or be delayed again.

msprange said:
Okay, chaps, was hoping to get a battle report using the latest rules up on Planet Mongoose, but 'twas not to be - the report needs a tad more work from our intern first.

Still, not all doom and gloom. The last Noble Armada ships are at the rapid prototyper right _now_. There are qwuite a few of them, so may take a little more than a week to crunch through the models but, as soon as they come back, they will be put into moulds, the first batch will be cast and sent to the painter. Figure he will take a week or two with them (there are quite a few...) and then, as soon as we have those painted models back in our hands, they will be photographed and Fleets of the Fading Suns will be off to print!

There is indeed light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not a Vau Sentinel coming to wipe you out!

Just bumping this. Whilst I can appriciate that Starfleet/Victory at Sea/Traveller/etc are taking up whatever resources you have, those of us who play Noble Armada would appriciate at least a small update on the progress of Fleets. A picture of a painted ship, or even a wireframe of a ship, would be beneficial at this moment as we are kind of feeling like the bastard child of a leper here.

Without sounding like a whiny child, it is quite frustrating to be told it's coming soon...no, just a bit longer...yeah, a little bit longer....

Managing customer expectations, etc.

Hal.

I would say SF is taking the most resources then the others but as a Noble Armada player I understand you being upset. I will say they are working on alot of games at once. I should apply for a job it sounds like they need more worker ants.

Back