News on Traveller

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Solomani Rim and Deneb Sector are on their way to stores right now and will start appearing on shelves next week.

The first of the Minor Alien Modules (covering the Luriani) will be going up on DrivethruRPG.com later this week.

French Arm Adventures will not be far behind it, up on Drivethru in a week or so and in print hopefully before Christmas.

qstor said:
Has work started on the Hiver and K'Kree books at all?

Mike

Not as such - though we have a _great_ angle from which to approach the K'kree from which makes me desperate to get that book started. We are going to be making the herbivores seriously cool :)

msprange said:
qstor said:
Has work started on the Hiver and K'Kree books at all?

Mike

Not as such - though we have a _great_ angle from which to approach the K'kree from which makes me desperate to get that book started. We are going to be making the herbivores seriously cool :)

Please in the name of all that is sacred, don't include DGP's geneered non-claustrophobic version :)

andrewv said:
Please in the name of all that is sacred, don't include DGP's geneered non-claustrophobic version :)

Didn't even cross our minds - our K'kree will be way cooler. Everyone will want to play a herbivore :)

msprange said:
andrewv said:

Didn't even cross our minds - our K'kree will be way cooler. Everyone will want to play a herbivore :)

Only in a nice red wine or mushroom sauce :D

Just a few updates...

As you know, French Arm Adventures is up on Drivethru right now. Next will be Tools for Frontier Living, which is just having the last art prepared for it, and will go into layout at the end of this week. Now, we may continue adding art as layout commences (Ooo, That would look good There!), which may add a few days, but it will certainly be on Drivethru before Christmas, and in print January/February.

A quick note on this one - it is not just for 2300AD fans. If you are any kind of Traveller player, you want this book, as it goes into superb detail on various pieces of equipment, and does not have the weapons domination of CSC (though there are a few). If you want to see more 'general' equipment and vehicles, plus like the idea of a colony creation system, this book is for you.

We (I) are currently editing Adventure 3: Trillion Credit Squadron. About a quarter of the way through but I already have to say, this is a good 'un. Whether you like the idea of tournaments involving entire fleets, want to see how fleets function, want to see more large military ships, or just fancy the 'thought exercise' of fleet construction (I know there are plenty of Traveller players out there who fit that bill!), then this one is going to be worth a look.

After that... well, you'll just have to wait for the State of the Mongoose!

@Msprange

I have to admit I am surprisingly unhappy with the given situation with the situation around Tools for Frontier Living. I pre-ordered your book in late February, at which point you took the cash. You of course then continued to push the product back month by month to get it right ... Which is fair enough, no one wants a under par book. Now I see I may as well not bothered having pre-ordered it as I will be able to buy the pdf sooner and cheaper !! . I feel like as someone who showed faith in your product upfront I'm on the crappy end of the stick.

I frankly feel if your going to be releasing pfd's in front of the physical books themselves, then you should be giving the pdf as well to those who are paying more and waiting longer for their product.

One Unhappy Mongoose customer,

Mara.

Marachai said:
I frankly feel if your going to be releasing pfd's in front of the physical books themselves, then you should be giving the pdf as well to those who are paying more and waiting longer for their product.

We will be covering the reasons behind this in the forthcoming State of the Mongoose. However, to tackle your main point, we are more than happy to send a PDF copy to anyone who preorders any of our books. Just drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com when the PDF is released, and I will send a copy along to you promptly!

msprange said:
We will be covering the reasons behind this in the forthcoming State of the Mongoose. However, to tackle your main point, we are more than happy to send a PDF copy to anyone who preorders any of our books. Just drop me a line at msprange@mongoosepublishing.com when the PDF is released, and I will send a copy along to you promptly!

What if you can't access the State of the Mongoose?

Grab your FLGS manager by the ear (as painfully as possible) and instruct him to look into something called "bits and mortar" - essentially a lot of suppliers have a deal with DrivethruRPG to give you a free .pdf copy of books if you buy a dead tree version through them.

You can get more insights to Traveller in the State of the Mongoose now at http://forum.mongoosepublishing.com/viewforum.php?f=123

I hate to necro threads, but that link no longer works, and the 2012-13 State of the Mongoose is not anywhere I can find.

Back