New Traveller Universe: Pioneer

I am afraid I have not seen that one. Pioneer could handle something like The Europa Report though (but we will officially be focussing more on environment than whacky aliens :)).
Oh very cool!!

Knowing that pioneer is our system, you it couldn’t work directly with scavengers reign since the whole planet has breathable air… but it could be adapted as a whole ecosystem under the ice of Europa!! Europa report could be the first team that touched down (as in the movie) and subsequent teams could actually explore its “strangeness” afterwards!!

I’m looking forward to this game!!

I think you could always import aliens into the setting, in the same manner you can always import zombies into Twilight: 2000 say, but the default needs to remain fully verifiable science only to remain true to its goals I think. So, no aliens by default - but playing groups can introduce them in their own stories if they want.

Last edited:
Just a silly question: Would the series like Gerry Andersen's UFO and/or Space:1999 be able to "fit" in this one?

Just a silly question: Would the series like Gerry Andersen's UFO and/or Space:1999 be able to "fit" in this one?
Well, I don’t think either are really the genre they are going for in Pioneer. You could hypothetically fit them in but you’d be leaving the premise of the game behind, somewhat.

"This adventure is designed for a party of 4-7 level 7-10 characters and is easily adaptable for your preferred tabletop role-playing game (TTRPG) system."
Makes it pretty clear what system it's designed for. I'll see if I can find some Elf ears.

Back