New Traveller Universe: Pioneer

You are indeed - the manuscript is just going through another re-write and you should be seeing it early next year!

I have posted this so many times...

I have deluxe editions that cost me a lot of money that contain glaring typos, omissions, and errors. The vast majority of the mistakes I spotted on my first flick through. It is good to see that these days you release the pdfs early enough that the fanbase can error check before things go to print.

I suggest that you get volunteers to error check - they are not allowed to alter text or suggest that their bestest eva house rule is a better way to do things, all they have to do is spot the obvious errors, typos etc.

Then it goes to playtest.

Then beta pdf for general release to fix last minute mistakes before it goes to the printer.

I have posted this so many times...

I have deluxe editions that cost me a lot of money that contain glaring typos, omissions, and errors. The vast majority of the mistakes I spotted on my first flick through. It is good to see that these days you release the pdfs early enough that the fanbase can error check before things go to print.

I suggest that you get volunteers to error check - they are not allowed to alter text or suggest that their bestest eva house rule is a better way to do things, all they have to do is spot the obvious errors, typos etc.

Then it goes to playtest.

Then beta pdf for general release to fix last minute mistakes before it goes to the printer.
This is a great idea. Even if the publisher doesn't want to send the whole document to individual volunteers, they could send portions to groups of volunteers. That guards against a leak of the whole document.

This year I volunteered as the editor for a few independently published martial arts books after realizing that "details" weren't really the author's strength. I had published previously with big names (Pearson, etc.) and independently, so I was able to help this particular author refine his product.

I'm happy to help team Mongoose!

There is a big enough group of people who would pay full price for the book to "volunteer," that this would technically cost Mongoose nothing to implement.

Do we have a vague/theoretical/guesstimate estimation on when we can expect this?
I confess that I'm curious about it.

I am a bit concerned about this, after the recent Update on the JotTAS2 Kickstarter.

It said that it was a bit delayed (which happens) but that Backers of 'Premium TAS level’ would be able to get the play testing files soon. However, during the Campaign, it was stated that the Virtual TAS Members (PDF backers) would also be getting them too.

As a Virtual TAS backer, I was really looking forward to getting in to Pioneer. Is it something that Virtual TAS Members can still look forward to?

Well, I wrote the book and finished it a while ago, and there's already cool art and layout already! I'm running a LARP based on it next Feb and hope to attend GenCon 2024 next year to support it with some tabletop sessions. Matthew got a writer to make the first supplement so they can launch as a pair. Some other ideas maybe in the works? But it's definitely real.

Back