New RPOL game

Well, with the two games (one on MSN and one in person) that I was running with Michelle down, I'm going to open up an online game for Lone Wolf at the RPOL. I'm looking for three players to be Kai Lords in this game.

The adventure will take players through a series of twisted events and adventures that lead them to every corner of Magnamund. There will be dark dungeons, unexplored terrain, legendary encounters, and a winding plot that the players help shape. Player actions may see their country and order brought through dark times to a bright future... or they may end up witnessing the destruction of their homeland and the Kai Order.

There will be some changes to the base LW rules, but nothing major. I may or may not use a set of willpower rules as suggested on the Mongoose thread... if so, that would be the biggest change. All other discussion will occur in the RPOL thread.

NOTE! This is planned to be a long running game with frequent activity. While characters may very well die, I'm looking for players who can be committed to the game and will be able to post regularly. I will be expecting to post every other day... or daily if possible.

You know... life happens. And I'm open to the occasional need to not post or possibly a slow down in the schedule as people get busy. However, the LW system is extremely simple rules-wise and posting can be done in a matter of minutes. As such, it doesn't seem obtuse to expect daily posting.

If you're interested, send me a message over at the game:
http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=42325&date=1276917913

In your message, please include what kind of character history you're thinking of incorporating into your Kai. First come, first serve.

Here's the scenario... hopefully it whets some interests....

The year is 4434. It is a time of change. The war of the Lorestones has just ended in the Stornlands and the Vassagonian Empire has yet to rise. The Sommlending Crown, having lost one of its major trading partners during the war of the Lorestone, has fallen in debt to the Guilds of Toran and relations between the two cities of Toran and Holmgard are strained. The Kai Lords stand peacefully aloof from this conflict. Though the Darklords are an ever-present threat, the Kai are numerous and stand strong against them. Aided by the power of the book of the Magnakai, the Kai Lords are able to single-handedly keep the Darklords behind the Durncrags. It is this power which grants them political immunity.

In three days time, that will change. In three days, the Book of the Magnakai will be stolen and the Kai Order will be plunged into civil war.

However, tonight the Kai prepare for the Feast of Fehmarn, blissfully ignorant of the fate fast approaching their order. In the midst of the preparations, three young Kai Lords will set out on a mission to scout the Durncrag Mountains in order to take care of a giak raiding party that has been plaguing Sommerlund's border.

This will be their mission together, but not their last...

Well, that was fast! We are full up! PLayers are Egleris and Kaiserlord from the PA forums, and Marcus from Mongoose!

If people drop, I'll put out another notice. If anyone gets the time, they may want to keep up with the game... looks to be an interesting group of characters!

I posted this in another thread, but it's relevant... if anyone wants to continue to read some kick-ass Lone Wolf adventures, I suggest sending me a PM over at the RPOL game. I'd be happy to add anyone in as an observer to the game and you can all feel free to add OOC comments. Plus, if anyone drops, those who are there as OOC get first dibs on joining the game.

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=42325&date=1276917317

Yeah! This game is shaping up to be quite interesting. It's great that it's an all Kai adventure.

I'm Swift Blade in that game.

And for everyone that thinks Zipp is a mean GM - he has recently started playing a character in my RPoL game, and is now getting a light dosage of horror as payback. The dosage will increase shortly... and steadily...

Mwuhahahaha!

You think of it as giving him a dose of his own medacine, I think of it as giving him ideas. And he wasn't short of them beforehand!

Hey - we can all learn from the works of the great H.P. Lovecraft. I sure did! Why do you think my game is currently playing off with a group of people under a graveyard, cut off from each other and encountering glowing Franken-Ogrons?

Indeed - why do you think I have Sorel's sanity being questionable nice and early. It gets it out of the way so less to lose later!

:D

Better safe than sorry. Good idea. I'm starting to be sorry already.

By the way, Howdy! in this part of Mongoose forums for the first time, guys.

Just wish there were more LW games running on RPoL, would love to play-test some of my character classes as a player instead of as a GM.

Is anyone planning to start up a game sometime soon? I'd like to join, if possible - want to take a break from GM'ing and see how other people do it for a change. Also want to try out some of the other character classes.

Back