New Releases

Hi guys,

Our printing facility is due to go fully online within a week or two - stand by for a flood of books!

Does that mean that those two will be released eventually? I have looked for both of them and they seem to have disappeared from the site entirely. They are not even in soon to be release area of this web site.

I emailed Mongoose about this and Alexander Fennell got back to me and said that they should start producing them in a little over a week

Swampy said:
I emailed Mongoose about this and Alexander Fennell got back to me and said that they should start producing them in a little over a week

So I'm guessing it'll be May before "Freedom Station" or any other new Babylon 5 books hit store shelves.

I was at Mongoose today, they had a fair few copies of Leap Of Fath printred but waiting for covers, Mongoose are waiting on a couple of the machines they need to show up before they can finish the books if I understood right

LBH

So Freedom Station will be out eventually! Hmm......You'd think they should update their schedule with these changes.

lastbesthope said:
I was at Mongoose today, they had a fair few copies of Leap Of Fath printred but waiting for covers, Mongoose are waiting on a couple of the machines they need to show up before they can finish the books if I understood right

LBH

That's a little worrisome...so not only do they not have the books ready to go, they don't even have all the equipment to get them ready to go? Yeah, much as I hate to say it, we'll be lucky to get them before May, I suspect. Well, hopefully once they clear this particular reef, it'll be smooth sailing from then on.

(p.s. Mongoose: this is where you publish quickly and embarrass me for doubting you. :wink: )

Shadow Queen said:
Wander if we'll get any compensation in waiting so long?

Um, this is the gaming industry.
They work on fairly low margins to begin with and tend also to print fairly limited print runs, and thus are generally not on anyone's top of the list for getting out. Also it tends to be very editing intensive, etc.

In other words, books will be out when they are out. Bugging them about them is normal and often leads to knowledge of when it has already been released, but often things being behind schedule indicates that the company has been scrambling like mad and bending over backwards doing saumersalts and trying everything in their power to get the product out the door on time. When things are coming out too regularly exactly on schedule is when I raise an eyebrow at a gaming company. ;) (means things are generally preplanned in advance and the company is sandbagging things more)

They are late. Reason is that they are trying to take more control over the process. I say thumbsup to them and I hope it works out. Should help control costs some as well as cut reliance on foreign printers (and thus weird overseas shipping ... well, at least locally :) )

you mean Leap of Faith Matt??

well i know im at the top of the list for The Rim and Leap of Faith when my Techno Mage ships will arrive thats another matter.

*Hands by side fingers splayed muttering words of power*

Earl Grey Tea and a spot of milk.

Gabriel_Luna said:
lastbesthope said:

LBH

That's a little worrisome...so not only do they not have the books ready to go, they don't even have all the equipment to get them ready to go?

Like I said IF I understood right, I may have miscomprehended.

LBH

Eh, either way...I'm not really that worried. They'll come out when they come out. I'm just glad we have some idea of what is going on, so we know what to expect. Without frequenting this forum I'd have no idea why books kept getting bumped.

Back