New JTAS Kickstarter - Now Live!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The new Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society Kickstarter is now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/traveller-rpg-the-journal-of-the-travellers-aid-society-ii

central-graphic-teal-kslogo-1-jpg.146163

This Kickstarter is for a new set of Journals of the Travellers' Aid Society, sourcebooks for the Traveller tabletop RPG. We have been gathering articles from TAS members who have travelled far and wide across Charted Space (and beyond!), creating a vast database of never-before-seen material. This will all (initially) be compiled into three volumes which, for Kickstarter backers only, will arrive within their own deluxe slipcase.

Each volume is jam-packed with articles covering adventures, new ships, animals from across Charted Space, philosophical musings on the big empires, histories, different takes on familiar equipment and vehicles, brand new vehicles, characters to be met in starports, playable alien races, and much, much more...

Hope to see you there!

Holy crap there must be a lot of pent up demand for Traveller content as it looks like the kickstarter is about to hit the next stretch goal!

Just a thought but there were a lot of articles in S&P that could be updated to 2e and included in the bonus Journals. The adventures that made it to S&P would also be worth converting - Annic Nova, Death Station...

Sigtrygg said:
Just a thought but there were a lot of articles in S&P that could be updated to 2e and included in the bonus Journals. The adventures that made it to S&P would also be worth converting - Annic Nova, Death Station...

Death Station has already been revised by Seth Skorkowsky, and will be released as a free Christmas present to all Travellers next month!

<speechless>

Thank you, that will be a very welcome present. I always recommend it as one of the best starting adventures for Traveller and hvw used it many times over.

I randomise the starting premise so that sometimes the party has to jump to another system, sometimes it is m-drive to a distant part of a system - often it is both :)
As to the character themselves I have had them hire on as ship crew, search and rescue personnel, security detachment, scientists.

I also randomise the threat actually on the station - sometimes allowing the imagination of the players run rampant with speculation. Last time I used it it was tied into a certain expedition to determine a great threat to the galaxy (DNR - best campaign ever).

Well, it looks like Mongoose has finally figured out how to run a Kickstarter campaign which does not quickly meet or exceed four or five stretch goals.

Simply don't set any more than three...

(Note: this is not intended as a serious suggestion! Really, Mongoose, you guys need to get the strategy committee together down at the pub and hash out probably another four-to-six stretch goals - it seems like a fairly easy sales driver. I'm guessing that you just didn't expect the community to blow through what was initially set quite so quickly.

This weekend saw the second Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society Kickstarter get off to a flying start - fully funded in 56 minutes, with the first three stretch goals falling by Saturday!

This means that the basic pledge will now feature a slipcase with six full volumes of the Journal, a meaty prize for any Traveller!

A new stretch goal has been added that will grant access to the playtesting of a brand new Traveller universe in 2022 - full details in the latest Update on the site:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/traveller-rpg-the-journal-of-the-travellers-aid-society-ii

A very pleasanrt surprise in this morning's post. 6 more volumes of JTAS to read over Christmas.

Last edited:
Back