Need rules for a Succubus

Take a look at my Eberron conversion (link in my signature). I believe I made one in that.

Edit: Yep, on page 110.
Editx2: This succubus is a very d&d-like succubus.

- Dan

You may also want to check out the version of the succubus in the Basic Beastiary compiled by Antonéus for Chaosium's BRP system. The original French version can be found here:

http://antoneus.chez.com/

And an English translation by Stephen Posey can be found here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20443029/BaSIC-Bestiary

I suppose it depends upon how you want to handle succubi in your games - do you want to stay close to the medieval source material or do you want the modern bat-winged variety familiar from roleplaying games and heavy metal album covers? Or something inbetween? ;)

A little bit of both, I guess....though I envisage it mostly appearing in a basic human guise.

It is for an adventure that I am working on for the World of Xoth.

Thanks for the heads up to your Eberron stuff Dan. At first glance, it looks like a fantastic job and the Succubus in there will certainly help as well, regarding stats.

In case it helps my Lamia Rules:

Serpents Child (Ranged, permanent if successful, the spell takes 2D6 hours to perform)
Lamia are not born but rather created through the use of this spell. In order to perform the ritual, the caster requires the target (a willing humanoid female) and a snake of equal SIZ. The two are combined in the first part of the spell - which takes D6 hours and they both become a single egg like entity - this must then be fed (it absorbs it through the shell) blood (STR points) equal to the SIZ of the two now combined target creatures. After a further D6 hours, the newly born Lamia will emerge, ravenous for blood - she counts as being desiccated. The humanoids stats and skills remain the same with the exception of her SIZ which is doubled and any derived stats that depend on SIZ. She gains a bite and constrict attack at her basic melee or unarmed skill - whichever is greater as well as the ability to drain POW with her Kiss.

Bite: A Lamia may attempt to bite a willing victim, or an unwilling one if she grapples him first, she can then drain blood in the same way as a Vampire. She can drain 1pt of STR per CA, which given food and rest, the victim can recover at the rate of 1pt per hour. However if the victim is drained below half their normal STR, they recover 1D6 STR pts per day but only if given food and complete rest.
Kiss: A Lamia may attempt to kiss a willing victim, or an unwilling one if she grapples him first. She can then drain 1pt of POW per CA, which given complete rest, the victim can recover at the rate of 1pt per hour. Each POW point she drains gives her an additional magic point which can not take her over her normal maximum but can temporarily replace those being used for powering Runes or similar.
Sustained by Blood: A Lamia requires blood to live and needs at least (preferably more) blood (or STR pts) equal to her SIZ each week or she will begin to desiccate. Desiccation will mean she looses 1 from each of her attributes every day until she receives enough blood to revive her - which is equal to at least twice her CON.

That's pretty cool Boss, consider it yoinked......... :lol:

I'm sure that in the World of Xoth, I'll find somewhere to insert a Lamia. :twisted:

Cheers for the info Wolf, I look forward to an official take on the Succubus as well. I am very close to the completion of my stuff that I PMed you about.

Just a couple of location maps and descriptions to go, as well as one or two stat blocks. Currently working on stats for Elgamesh, the Captain of the Sacred Band, guardians of the temple of Belit Lil in the city of Dipur.

The Wolf said:
As of next week I will be diving heavily into MoL 2 (just to let you know).

Do you have a list of creatures that you want to cover? Certainly, there are plenty of classic fantasy creatures that haven't been given the Legend treatment yet. And there are some that could be updated from MRQ I...

Draining creatures such as succubi, vampires etc. need to have a variety of draining techniques available to them, to give them individuality and variety.

- Blood drain: As Exsanguination rules from Arcania of Legend: Blood Magic.
- Characteristic drain: As per the Tap Sorcery spell. Select one characteristic. Typically POW or CON, though CHA would be insidious and visceral in its impact.
- Vitality drain: Permanent drain of locational Hit Points.
- Youth drain: In effect, accelerated aging; the victim hits the aging tables prematurely.

In the case of the succubus / incubus, the effect would likely be a direct drain on vitality: the victim accumulates particularly stubborn levels of fatigue which only go away over the course of days, not hours.

I do recommend taking a look at the old Gateway Bestiary - classic monsters for the original RuneQuest II. There's a lot of good stuff in there, even if many years old.

Back