MRQ II Glorantha Second Age v. MRQ I

HalB

Mongoose
Hello, Folks, especially Mongoose Folks:

Does the MRQ II Glorantha Second Age book (upcoming) involved altering any of the geography/culture stuff that appeared in the MRQ I version?

I have PDFs of the MRQ I Jrustela and Dragonnewt books, for example - anything going to be made obsolete other than Magic crunch?

Will the new book combine enough that it doesn't make sense to obtain the MRQ I area books (Fronela, Ralios, Clanking City)? I broke down and purchased the Jrustela and Dragonnewt books and the Magic book for MRQI so I would not have to wait to play Blood over Orlanth and Dara Happa Rises.

BTW, I know that adventures books don't make money for game companies the way that other books do, but in this case Blood over Orlanth and Dara Happa Rises got me to spend a bunch of dough...

Aside from the differences in the game mechanics, we've kept everything as consistent as possible in the RQII Glorantha transition. Draconic magic has very little changes and appears in the new edition of Glorantha: The Second Age. Apart from correcting a few canonical errors in that book, all the content remains As Is.

You're thus very safe in any investments you have made or will make in Glorantha books for RQ. The shift in the rules is just that; but as far as the written materials are concerned, consistency and continuity are key.

I will say, however, that some elements of God Learner society as described in The Clanking City will be changing and this may impact a little on the material from Jrustela. The forthcoming 'Abiding Book' will deal with that in detail.

Back