Mounting FA minis

waterproofla

Mongoose
Hey everybody-

I just got some FA scale minis. As I recall, they must be mounted on the normal sized bases, not the little hex bases they come with, to be eligble for tournament play.

Does anyone know if it's possible to mount FA minis on those new adjustable bases Mongoose is selling? And if not, what's the best way to base FA minis for an ACTA game? Plain old GW flying bases?

waterproofla

Mongoose do not specify that FA mini's should be on fullscale bases, I would imagine that that is a local stipulation.

There are no official basing sizes for Mongoose, a guideline list was produced but never enforced. Common sense should prevail.

LBH

Personally I'd dump the plastic columns and use brass rod. If anything breaks, it's just a re-glue. Rather than being a re-bore with the Dremmel.

Those adjustable bases are a gimmick. You're not getting 3D movement to use with other rule sets. You've got about 20-30 degree shifts tops. They are a display thang, not a bad one. But not a full 3D movement solution.

I've personally given up on a 3D movement system. There are far too many other 'real world physics' abstractions to compensate. It's all very relative, to the point of it just being extra paperwork. Especially if you're playing 'jump points'.

waterproofla said:
Hey everybody-

I just got some FA scale minis. As I recall, they must be mounted on the normal sized bases, not the little hex bases they come with, to be eligble for tournament play.

Does anyone know if it's possible to mount FA minis on those new adjustable bases Mongoose is selling? And if not, what's the best way to base FA minis for an ACTA game? Plain old GW flying bases?

Just use the bases they come with. Of course, if you haven't got those a small flying stand will do. I've had any issues regarding base sizes.

Cheers
Mark

Of course, you may wish to use larger bases simply for the reason that some of the FA-scale ships are still just slightly too big (IMHO) for their hex base and you may spend quite a lot of time picking them up after they fall over...

Back