Most recent version of the core?

Jonathan

Mongoose
Hi-

I'm thinking of buying a copy from an online vendor, but wanted to make sure that there wasn't some sort of external 'give away' for the most recent print run of the core book.

Barring that- didn't the character sheet in the back look different between versions?

I don't understand your first question about a "give away". I'd think that most major vendors, and Mongoose, will get you the latest printing.

The character sheets in the original MGT and the current MGT are different. I think that sheets created by players are superior to both. I'd do a google search and decide for yourself.

AKAmra said:
I don't understand your first question about a "give away". I'd think that most major vendors, and Mongoose, will get you the latest printing.

The character sheets in the original MGT and the current MGT are different. I think that sheets created by players are superior to both. I'd do a google search and decide for yourself.

Sorry, I meant 'tell tale sign' when I said 'give away'.

The reason I ask is that this vendor deals in used RPGs, so there's not a certainty that it'd be the newer version- I just wanted to know what I could ask them to look for to make certain. :)

As for the sheet in the newer printing, what's different about it? I seem to recall it having a red text block either at the top or bottom, but I can't fully recall.

Thanks for your insight!

AKAmra said:

Sorry, I meant 'tell tale sign' when I said 'give away'.

The reason I ask is that this vendor deals in used RPGs, so there's not a certainty that it'd be the newer version- I just wanted to know what I could ask them to look for to make certain. :)

As for the sheet in the newer printing, what's different about it? I seem to recall it having a red text block either at the top or bottom, but I can't fully recall.

Thanks for your insight!

The sheet in the original book is B&W. The sheet in the newer book I have has a red Traveller logo on the bottom and a red line between "Characteristics" and "Skills".

AKAmra said:
The sheet in the original book is B&W. The sheet in the newer book I have has a red Traveller logo on the bottom and a red line between "Characteristics" and "Skills".

Both my different editions of the hardback are both B&W char sheets, though the design is different in the revised printing.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
AKAmra said:

Both my different editions of the hardback are both B&W char sheets, though the design is different in the revised printing.

LBH

Okay, how about this? Look at page 10. It's the first page in Character Creation for Agent. The version 1 book has no character art, just text. The version 2 book has two pieces of character art - a guy with a dark helmet above a girl with a pistol in her right hand and a dagger in her left hand.

Hows that?

Back