Mongoose 2300AD Progress Report

middenface said:
vogeinsun.png

Now that is beautiful.

Thanks, based on a drawing in the original ships of the french arm...

Now this I'm proud of..

http://biomassart.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/thorez-on-the-runway/

thorezlanded_reduced.png

middenface said:
Thanks, based on a drawing in the original ships of the french arm...

Now this I'm proud of..

http://biomassart.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/thorez-on-the-runway/

thorezlanded_reduced.png

Ahh, my favorite. :)
And excellent work too. I am continually impressed with your artwork.

Yes, all very good stuff.

Mongoose starts editing 2300AD this week. This should be a fun ride.

In the meantime, I'm working on "French Arm Adventures", which will be followed by "Tools for Frontier Living", which is shaping up to be a fun book. Mostly focussed on civilian equipment, along with items that might be used by militias, terrorists, and explorers.

So it will have some weapons, mostly hunting, survival and personal defense stuff, along with surplus military weapons, vehicles, equipment, modular buildings, floating bases, a smattering of Pentapod biotech goodies, and other such stuff.

This will be followed by "The French Arm", which consists of atlas entries for the French Arm, Starships, vehicles, and some other goodies.

"Chinese Arm Adventures" will follow after that, then "The Chinese Arm".

That's my writing schedule until June.

Colin said:
Mongoose starts editing 2300AD this week. This should be a fun ride.
I hope it won't be ready too soon, then - this is one book I would like to see perfectly edited the first time around, please! :wink:

Vile said:
I hope it won't be ready too soon, then - this is one book I would like to see perfectly edited the first time around, please! :wink:

I wouldn't have high hopes, given Mongoose's previous standard of editing. Hopefully the original material is good anyway, but publishers have been known to add their own mistakes through carelessness...

If there is time, I would like to go over the whole thing again before it gets printed. Better yet, get my wife to. She'll find any mistakes I made... :lol:

Sounds like a good idea. Not a part of the gaming "industry" I wonder how mechanisms such as crowd sourcing and prosumer driven models are utilized. There must be tens of fairly adept people that would be happy to contribute with basic work such as that. Is it too cumbersome to organize? Or is it used extensively, and I am just unaware?

Nice update on the coverart! Still a bit too generic in my view (no iconic features or obvious connect with the setting), but at least in tune with the setting. There is hope :)

Apart from the fact that I made a comment in the wrong thread, it seems...

Back