Modifying Traveller Books

IanBruntlett

Emperor Mongoose
I was wondering, does anyone else here modify their game books?

My copy of the Traveller Core Rule Book 2016 (CRB) is a bit battered so the book is secured to the covers using duct tape. Also, some time ago I had some spare ribbon that I wasn't sure what to do with it. So I took my CRB, the ribbon, araldite glue and some tweezers and glued the ribbon into my CRB, yielding 2 ribbon bookmarks. So far it is staying intact.

For the inside front covers and inside back covers I printed the Traveller GM's screen and pasted it in there.

Opposite the (brief) Contents, I pasted in a 3 column page of "Extended Contents".

Opposite the last printed page, I put in a more detailed, Space-oriented list of contents - covering key parts of these chapters: Spacecraft Operations, Space Combat, Trade, and World and Universe Creation.

In the Sindal Subsector chapter, there is a listing of the systems with their corresponding UPP/UWP. I can never remember how to break down a UPP/UWP so I have a brief breakdown of what each UWP/UPP digit means, with the relevant page number for convenience.

For the Trojan Reach book (from Pirates of Drinax), the inside front covers have a 2 page UWP Quick Reference.

My books tend to get fairly light use in my reference library these days. For the most part I use PDFs and my own prints at the table (some of which I've had to create by scanning the originals). My original UK Games Workshop copy of CT Supplement 3: The Spinward Marches has all the new borders and jump routes following my run of Fifth Frontier War back in the early 80s. Amazingly, I have also found in storage most of my CT writing from when I was a young teenager, so the war is well documented if I want to recreate that outcome.

I was wondering, does anyone else here modify their game books?

My copy of the Traveller Core Rule Book 2016 (CRB) is a bit battered so the book is secured to the covers using duct tape. Also, some time ago I had some spare ribbon that I wasn't sure what to do with it. So I took my CRB, the ribbon, araldite glue and some tweezers and glued the ribbon into my CRB, yielding 2 ribbon bookmarks. So far it is staying intact.

For the inside front covers and inside back covers I printed the Traveller GM's screen and pasted it in there.

Opposite the (brief) Contents, I pasted in a 3 column page of "Extended Contents".

Opposite the last printed page, I put in a more detailed, Space-oriented list of contents - covering key parts of these chapters: Spacecraft Operations, Space Combat, Trade, and World and Universe Creation.

In the Sindal Subsector chapter, there is a listing of the systems with their corresponding UPP/UWP. I can never remember how to break down a UPP/UWP so I have a brief breakdown of what each UWP/UPP digit means, with the relevant page number for convenience.

For the Trojan Reach book (from Pirates of Drinax), the inside front covers have a 2 page UWP Quick Reference.
I don’t, but I think that’s a great idea. I’m going to give adding in ribbons a go..

I have two copies of the 1e core (and weirdly enough like 5 e-copies at dtrpg) bought that too much though the table one that fell apart I put in a binder which then I found super convenient.

Back