Modern Chinese Infantry, just some pics

Agis

Mongoose
20mm (1/72) metal infantry from (S&S) Sands Models.
Nice PLA infantry sculpts with very little flash.
They compliment the resin vehicles very nicely!
Infantry_1.jpg

WZ-551_Inf-2.jpg

You can see the S&S minis together with Caesars soft plastic PLA minis below (left 3 minis are Caesar).
They work OK with each other. The Caesar sculpts are a little bit more detailed, but are suffering from a limited
amount of weapons and the soft plastic that is unfortunately so common.
On the gaming table the S&S ones look much better.
WZ-551_Inf-1.jpg

Agis, did you glue Shaun's minis with their own base upon those you've used, or did you remove the original, rather smallish base?

Sgt. Scream said:
Agis, did you glue Shaun's minis with their own base upon those you've used, or did you remove the original, rather smallish base?

I filed down the base a bit to made it flatter and then glued it to the washer.

Agis said:
Sgt. Scream said:
Ah, I see. Thanks, that's going to my way, too. 8)
What are you planning?
A Sands model based PLA army?

Who said I am just planning? 8)

And if Shaun could just send me the recent order of infantry replacements (ref. email 17th Sept. 2009) .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All those incoming packets over the last weeks indicate that there is a larger amount of PLA Mechanized Infantry, supported by tanks, fast air and Brigade Support being redirected into an area called "Skira" where they are met by the QRF of USMC.

watch for background to my project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBMl4L0FJ7o

???
Why so cryptic?
OK, I got the background, but I still did not know what you are doing...
:?
If you do not want to share infos, why bother to tell about it at all?
I presume you are planning a PLA army using the nice minis of Shauns range.
DSid you plan to also use the PLA from Caesar?
Do you plan any conversions? If so - which one ?
etc etc

Patience, Agis.

Yes, I am building a PLA army. Yes, mostly from S&S models. Special Forces made from Caesar plastics probably. There is plastic kits and (real) heavy conversions involved by strippping Revell and Trumpeter kits off essential detailing parts to "super" Shaun's range (Axles, wheels, optics, smoke dischargers etc.).

There is so far only two or three pics in my blog. I won't go and share the whole thing, not until the last needed parts have arrived at least.

8)

glad to see you needing more models.
i have just put the finnishing touches to the serval mould and your oder will soon be on its way.
i will have some more interesting new stuff out soon.
you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaun

shotgun-toting chipmunk said:
Hey Shaun, slightly off topic, but what's the status on the EQ-2050s?
i have had to stop work on these vehicles at the moment as i am at a crucial stage in deciding on the breakdown of the parts, some of the roll cage to be precise as well as some other bits, but once i get into my stride it will not take too long
shaun

shotgun-toting chipmunk said:
Okay, thanks! Really looking forward to some PLA AA :D

*waits as patiently as possible*

Yeah. Waiting for what is needed. I have to fullfil a task for a group build at another forum. Hope they will be available until then. 8)

Back