Minatures support for RQ2

After reading the state of the Mongoose, my suggestion would be to expand RQ2 support for miniatures play. As someone attempting to transition from DnD 3.5 to MRQ2, this would ease the transistion over and let me keep using the minis. Right now I'd be house-ruling, and I know it's not a big stretch, but I'd like to see more precise miniatures rules for the RQ2 system. If Mongoose is beefing up miniatures support, why not make RQ2 specific minis (hopefully 28mm) and rules support for them?

It can be optional for those who dislike minis.

This is something I've been playing around with. The rules don't actually need any tweaking for grid-based combat but I find it simpler if movement is reconfigured to work with Combat Actions rather than Combat Rounds.

Other than that it ends up being about the same level of crunch as Savage Worlds.

I'm all for this personally.

Personally I've been a fan of Miniatures support for RPG games since I started 25 odd years ago. With the best will in the world, Sometimes You can think you've described a scenario with almost shakespeare like command of the English language, but the players were distracted so they didn't get the hint about the one broo with two heads. Plop a miniature down and they'll keep looking.

hell I even think a cool line of generic sci-fi miniatures for traveller would be cool, tie them into a sci-fi miniatures skirmish game, and you have a two-for. but please If you're doing Glorantha miniatures do broo ( i'[m fed up with using GW beastmen - too regimented) and Jack o' bears.

I'd like to see some monkish miniatures for Deus Vult. Perhaps with a selection of other medieval types - templars, pilgrims, saracens, gypsies, peasants and so forth.

Back