mantis conversion and $4 brainbug

MTM

Mongoose
heres a funny SST video for a treat! SUGER WATKINS!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2GbZMKBzI

now heres my brainbug, its core is aluminum foil, sculpy exterior painted with tamiya and GW paints, only real part is a warrior claw for the "brain sucker" and super cheap rubber roaches for chariot bugs.
brain1.jpg

heres my mantis conversion using warrior parts and some left over Gw carnifex bits and a genestealer torso.
jumpy death, mmmmm
mantis1.jpg

That is so awesome!!!!
Great minds must think alike to, I used a warrior bug foot on mine too, but miones mkore akin to one of those sharks from Half life then a brain bug :?
And that Mantis bugs on mean looking SOB!

but Im not quite digging the chariots.

the goal was the cheapest brain bug available, hence the cheap chariot roaches. its for my little girls bug force and both my kids can be a bit rough on minis still so why buy an expensive mini for it only to get trashed.

AND

the brain and its chariot bugs are both metal i cant see placing one on the other since all i can foresee is scratched paint

MTM, as the chariots don't show that much, they work well in that role imho. Good scratch-build on the brain, and congrats on the mantis as it looks absolutely lethal.

nice job on the brains face and brain sucker' :lol:

:shock: -WOAH!!!! Mongoosepublishing shoulda made it look like that! (the mantis)

That ROCKS :twisted:

I had completely given up on my mantis minis, but I am feeling inspired now! :twisted: Awesome work and thanks for sharing!

Back