Magnamund Free Companies

A

Anonymous

I have read Conan Free Companies, and is a superb suplement. I wish Might of Magnamund would be similar (narrative combat system, all Magnamund armies statistics), with new releases of miniatures (Durenese, Vassagonian).... is there an index for this suplement anywhere?

Might of Magnamund is the 'warrior' counterpart to Magic Of Magnamund so I don't think it's what you are looking for.. I think it is a great idea however any thing that can support the release of more Lone Wolf Minis has got to be a good thing. :)

However if a Magnamund Tabletop battlegame is released and boy do I hope it is this would be the perfect place for this kind of information. Prehaps we could have army books for the nations covered that included info on military organisation, campains (scenarios), famous comanders, fortifications etc. The books could include rpg stat blocks for the different troops etc as well as the battle game rules. If the book was heavy on background I think it would sell well to the RPG fans as well.

How many RPG fans would buy a Magnamund Millitary book if it contained lots of background and RPG stats as well?

Any new Lone Wolf material that comes out will find a copy on my shelves, as sure as I breathe. August has kept me impressed so far, and I know Mongoose stays true to the licenses they use. I'd buy this in a hearbeat (if I can afford it. Otherwise I'd have to wait a bit).

Nerethel

Nerethel said:
Any new Lone Wolf material that comes out will find a copy on my shelves, as sure as I breathe. August has kept me impressed so far, and I know Mongoose stays true to the licenses they use. I'd buy this in a hearbeat (if I can afford it. Otherwise I'd have to wait a bit).

Nerethel

Ditto. I can't get enough. Lone Wolf is what got me into gaming, and I greedily horde anything that bears its name.

Sado of the Long Knife said:
Ditto. I can't get enough. Lone Wolf is what got me into gaming, and I greedily horde anything that bears its name.

Cool... I have a box full of packing material. I'll just stamp "Lone Wolf" on the front, you can have it for £250 :D

Back on topic, if the book was nothing but background material without any rules or stats anywhere near it, I'd still buy it.

mthomason said:
Back on topic, if the book was nothing but background material without any rules or stats anywhere near it, I'd still buy it.

So would I, but bear in mind that It would have been disappointing if the Darklands sourcebook hadn't featured the Darklords' stats.

Until a mass combat system is developped…Could you tell me which would be acceptable values for the main troops in Magnamund armies (Sommerlund, Durenor, Darklords….), as in Conan Free Companies supplement?... I only would like to know their MC (Mass Cohession), in order to set up narrative battles. Is there anything like this anywhere in the web? Have you got any ideas? Thank you for your time.

mthomason said:

The reason I bought the RPG and the two supplements was for the background alone. I didn't expect to play it... Until Tower of the Sun started its RPG, that is.

-GB

Ghost Bear said:
mthomason said:

The reason I bought the RPG and the two supplements was for the background alone. I didn't expect to play it... Until Tower of the Sun started its RPG, that is.

-GB

Now you're getting even more use out of your books! :D

arathar said:
Until a mass combat system is developped…Could you tell me which would be acceptable values for the main troops in Magnamund armies (Sommerlund, Durenor, Darklords….), as in Conan Free Companies supplement?... I only would like to know their MC (Mass Cohession), in order to set up narrative battles. Is there anything like this anywhere in the web? Have you got any ideas? Thank you for your time.

I think someone did this in the thread next door... (was it called Lone Wolf Fantasy Battles?)

Back