Lizard/Mongoose: Is Wars leading somewhere?

A

Anonymous

I can't tell from the descriptions of the adventure modules trilogy, but...is the Mongoose Wars material leading up to some Big Reveal? Michael Stackpole hinted at something concerning the Shi in his stories, and M. Tuttle also set up a mystery with his Quandom Falx story.

Parallel question: did people at decipher leave you guys with a semi-"grand plan outline" or were they (and/or you) kind of crafting and expanding from scratch as you go?

Guest0 said:
I can't tell from the descriptions of the adventure modules trilogy, but...is the Mongoose Wars material leading up to some Big Reveal? Michael Stackpole hinted at something concerning the Shi in his stories, and M. Tuttle also set up a mystery with his Quandom Falx story.

Parallel question: did people at decipher leave you guys with a semi-"grand plan outline" or were they (and/or you) kind of crafting and expanding from scratch as you go?

I got:
A box of cards
The URL of the online fiction
Some early design docs
And access to some of the developers for some questions ("What do they use for money?" "Is this kind of technology feasible?", etc)

I didn't get any s3kr1t data. Maybe Greg did.

Well, I'm on the team for the worldwide campaign and I don't know anything either. Us, Stratos, and Bojo were supposed to sit down at GenCon, but I didn't get the chance to really set it up.

And the whole thing about the Falx was set in the past as I read it...

I'll post this on the secrety decipher board and see what happens ;)

Lizard said:
I got:
A box of cards
The URL of the online fiction
Some early design docs
And access to some of the developers for some questions ("What do they use for money?" "Is this kind of technology feasible?", etc)

I didn't get any s3kr1t data. Maybe Greg did.

If you or anyone has offline copies of the fan fiction stories

Family Matters
The Agrippa Encounter
Rousing Leap

could you e-mail them to me (link below). I can't get them from the website.

Thanks

LBH

I'll make some inquiries amongst the dPeople. I know one of the authors, Kyle Heuer, still works at D, but I think Chuck is gone.

I would also like copies of those three stories from the wars ccg website.

Perhaps someone here can see if the links to those stories could be fixed? I could not find a means to message the Decipher people via their website.

Thanks! :)

Well I posted something on our super secret message board. The guy who manages WARS has been on vacation and comes back today. If that's not enough, I'll send out some emails. And if that's not enough, I'll give y'all his email :D

Hiyas, pardon for asking, but the links on the decipher site are still broken, have you heard anything? Just curious as I would really like to read those stories, thanks! ;-)

Guest0 said:

There were three things I was shooting for with teh Quandom Falx story.

1) It tied into the storyline of the never released Edge of a Sword expansion. The Accord (under the direction of a Dooley) stage a heist at a museum on Seyal of priceless Shi relics. The relics are alien artifacts collected from a thousand years of conquest. The Quandom Falx was one the key pieces. It was a weapon that would make a kizen (although they didn't realize the connection) almost unbeatable in battle.

2) There was so much storyline behind EoaS that I wanted to establish a little piece of the overall story with most of the revealed cards. Sadly, that wasn't to be as I got moved onto other projects upon the cancellation of the card set.

3) The Quandom Falx story was also an early piece in a greater arc that I was fleshing out about the Shi. Some folks on the D messageboards started to figure it out when they realized that the name had roots in ancient Earth languages. The underlying question in the overall arc was "why did the Shi end up in our solar system? Was it an accident?"

I just want to say that I'm a huge fan of this property and I love what Mongoose did with all of the work we gave them when I was at D. I would certainly love to finish writing some of the pieces I had in the works but it would of course only be "fan fiction" and even then, I might have to get permission from my new employer. I'm really interested to see what this campaign is that you guys are putting together.

Thanks for the run-down! I'm glad there are still ex-decipher ppl so as excited over Wars as the players were.

Are there anyone in official capacities involved with Mongoose or Wars reading this board? If there are, I think many of us would aprpeciate it if Mark was able to write some fiction pieces or perhaps involved in adventure modules.

This is an unique RPG with promise and I'd hate for it to be starved like a dog as the card game was.

Hi there!

I just stumbled over these forum entries and just wanted to know if there's a chance to download the three stories somewhere:

Family Matters by Mark Tuttle

The Agrippa Encounter by Kyle Heuer

Rousing Leap by Chuck Kallenbach

I've been trying for weeks, but the link is still broken...

thanks from Germany

*dagent145 in disguise*

We know about the problem and I've been bugging people about it :).

Back