Let's just see,shall we?

shanefalcon

Mongoose
For my own selfish curiosity(and perhaps many others),I would like to run a simple poll with the end result being the number of LW fans are still alive.Im certain this sort of poll has been around for many years,however,with the republication there may be quite a few who were unaware(eg-me)that Lw is back baby!
If this receives a favourable response,I will post 27 more questions over the next month from this date and i will send the winner a copy of Vampirium....New and untouched(except for several loving caress').
Apparently Vampirium is worth $265 U.S on ebay so feel free to try and win...The time limit for each answer is 24 hours.First come,first served etc.

P.S If you are wondering why i would give up a rare copy,its because i have two.(insert diabolical laugh)

Oh, you don't need to run a poll for that: just take a look at how many members there is over at Project Aon, and then check how many of these members have also posted over at Tower of the Sun, and then add maybe 50 for those active members who have posted only on one of these two boards, and then add maybe 500 members from the various online LW communities that are not in English, and then you'll get a certain approximation of how many LW fans have internet (and know about the reprints). :D

Currently one Vampirium for sale on eBay for $50 US.

I'm not a Project Aon member either, have to look into that, but a long running fan nonetheless.
Don't forget LWERPG website to, quiet recently but lots of names.
I've been with LW since mid-eighties and have the lack of hair to prove it. :lol:

The Avatar? IMHO he is THE Robin of Sherwood, Michael Praed - used to be on TV in the Eighties around tea time on a Saturday and I loved it. It had a strong emphasis on magic which you don't see in many versions of the tale - he had a magic sword called Albion (it was one of nine and stood for Loyalty, there were others such as Truth, etc.), and he sought advice from Herne the Hunter a sort of Pagan demi-god looking guy with a stags head. Robin was the champion of the powers of light and darkness.
Hang on a minute - forest guy with godly powers, good with bow, excellent at hiding, defender of the comman folk, magic sword... I'm sure I've seen that winning formula somewhere else!

As far as me? Well I had similar hair back then, same colour, at least I used to think it was me fighting the sherriff's men. I've seen some of the repeats and, well, it's not quite the same now because of all the special effects you get these days so anyone who hasn't seen it might wonder why it was so popular (prime time TV Saturday night!) but then we only had four channels 'and we were grateful'.

The haunting music to the programme was by a band called Clannad, legendary back then.

Ah, the good old days. :cry:

The first 2 series with Michael Praed still stand up today.
The series with Jason Connery had its moments (particularly early on) but fizzled out near end.

Wait, I think I remember this series too.
Was there some kind of small, beard -wearing fighter around Robin (maybe lil`John) who carried his two swords crossed on his back?

Since I saw this I`ve always equipped myself this way when playing Knights with my comrades back than... I looked so damm cool 8)

Yeah, he was the original saracen, a foe robin fought to a standstill in the first episode that the writers liked enough to keep around and have join robn's men

Funnily, now the last two robin hood stories carry a saracen in their ranks even though it was never part of the original legend!

I am also not a member of Project Aon, though I am still a supporter of Lone Wolf. I really wish the new LWRPG would get underway already...

-O

pjagum said:
Wait, I think I remember this series too.
Was there some kind of small, beard -wearing fighter around Robin (maybe lil`John) who carried his two swords crossed on his back?

Nazir was the coolest:
nazir2.jpg

SnowShadow said:
The Avatar? IMHO he is THE Robin of Sherwood, Michael Praed - used to be on TV in the Eighties around tea time on a Saturday and I loved it.

I assume you also know the two gamebooks inspired to this serie. If you don't, try and get them! The first is quite acceptable, but second one, The Sword of the Templar, by Paul Mason, is really nice! :wink:

RatedRWolf said:
I assume you also know the two gamebooks inspired to this serie. If you don't, try and get them! The first is quite acceptable, but second one, The Sword of the Templar, by Paul Mason, is really nice! :wink:

Thanks for that. As it happens I do have them both but I really appreciate the thought. Looking at some of the threads and posts - Mongoose seem to have inspired some kind of gamebook renaisssance, maybe it's just a touch of middle-aged nostalgia but whatever I don't mind.

Back